How long did you/will you front carry?"

Tacey

Reaction score
I've not had Alice weighed in a while, but according to the weight chart, she will probably be about 24lbs. I'm still front carrying with my mei tai, and have had a few comments along the lines of 'how long do you expect to keep carrying her?' I wonder if I'm not being sensible and that it might hurt my back in the long run. I just feel funny about not being able to see her. It also doesn't seem like she'd be as comfy on my back!

i don't know really - leo is only 4 months so can't yet but i am to scared to do a back carry x

I will still front carry Alex if hes going to fall asleep, atm if he sleeps on my back he doesnt cuddle in but rather just flops his head about and im not comfy with him like that.
Id say hes 22lbs at most.

I never carried dd2 on my back, always front or hip using the ring sling until she was about 3, although we obv used it less and less as time went by.

I am still carrying Adam on my front in the Connecta, he was 21lb last time he was weighed (5 weeks ago). Nobody has questioned it and I don't plan to change any time soon. I have tried a back carry, only in the house to see if I could actually get him into the sling, and it was ok, but strange not to see him, so I don't know when I'll do that for a trip out. Probably not for a trip out just me and him, as I'd like him to have face to face contact with someone, even if it isn't me.

Aisling is 15 months and 23lbs and I'm starting to struggle carrying her on my front to be honest. She goes nuts every time I try to put her into a back carry so I'm not sure how much longer we'll be baby wearing which is a shame because I love it.

I front carry Izzie still and shes 21lbs (maybe a bit more) and will continue as long as I can - I'm not very good at back carrying and dont think she will sleep well if I did!

Not sure if there is a spacific weight but according to my urgo you can carry up to 4yrs in difference positions so I guess it depends on the person really and how they feel :)

Emma's 26.5lbs already and I still front carry her. I have noticed that it's harder on my pelvis than a back carry (it seems to be causing SPD flare-ups) but I like being able to talk to her and point stuff out as we are out on our walks. I also prefer if she falls asleep on my front too.

Thanks everyone. It's good to hear a range of opinions. I think I'll keep on a bit longer, but try to get her used to the back carry for when I need to switch. I've used the mei tai every day since we got it when she was about 3 months old. I can't imagine not carrying her now!

I think, obviously, it depends also on your size and strength as to how long you can keep wearing them. I am 5ft 4in and not that strong (though a lot stronger than before Adam was born), and I can't see me carrying a hefty great toddler around, much as I'd like to! Think when he is a lot bigger it'll be Daddy doing the baby-wearing. :cry:

i still carry Noah on my front and he's a big 7 month old (outgrown his 6-9 months stuff *sob*) I intend to carry on with front carries till winter is out of the way as it's so much nicer carrying on your front in the cold! I occassionally front carried Ethan when i was pregnant if it was raining or we were somewhere that i needed to sit when he was due a nap. I used to have a kindercoat but preferred to have him on my front where i could keep his hood up

I still front carry only with Emma and haven't even considered switching her yet. Honestly she would probably yank my hair the entire time. She's quite evil. :haha: She's only around 18 lbs and she's still quite easy to carry so hopefully we still have lot's of baby-wearing ahead of us. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->