How long did your LO use pram/bassinet?

MrsHedgehog

Reaction score
I'm a bit disappointed with the pram part of our travel system. We bought it online so hadn't seen the pram part before we got it. It's really narrow and LO already seems too big for it. If she moves slightly to the side then her nose touches the edge. She can no longer put her arms up beside her head but has to lay them by her sides. She isn't uncomfortable yet but we'll not be able to use the pram much longer. I'm really disappointed as I don't feel ready to put her in the pushchair/stroller yet, she's only 6 weeks old. How long were your LOs in the pram for?

We didn't bother with a pram part because we'd heard lots of people say they didnt use them/find them useful. We just used the car seat for short periods or the larger seat for the iCandy. The manufacturers say it's suitable from 6 mths but we used it reclined from 3mths & lo loved the better view of the world she got.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with your pram but though. I hate buying baby stuff that doesn't work out :flower:

We used ours till lo was 4 or 5 months and she was on 50 th for weight and 91st for height. It was definately a bit small , pram top much smaller than Moses which she moved out of at 5 months. By the time lo was in pushchair she was miles too long for pram but I waited till i was happy with her sitting up more and left the pushchair seat tilted back

Ours only lasted till LO was about 7 weeks, was so peed off. Ours is the silvercross 3D. LO is on 50th centile for both weight & length so she's average size, but her head was touching the top and she had no room to spread like a starfish (which is how she generally likes to sleep!). :nope:

We had the babystyle oyster and have just had to change to the seat unit. My lbs on the 91st centile so he just doesnt fit also he wants to look around all the time

I think we'll be using it for another month maybe and then use pushchair full time - she has plenty of room left but is a nosy cow so if awake she gets the right ump being flat.

Mine only tolerated it for about a month. He REALLY hated lying down in it -- he preferred to be able to look around so we put him into the seat with it as reclined as it would go. I was so miffed, too, because I paid over $100 for the bassinet attachment!!

Thomas is 14 weeks old and still fits into the carrycot part of the silvercross 3D x Thomas is on the 25th centile though

Oh and he's still using the moses basket. He's in it now actually :lol:

We have the Silvercross 3d as well and the pram part is really small, my Lo outgrew it a few weeks ago

I have a silver cross sleepover and my DD still fits it at 20 weeks, she sleeps in it for naps during the day in the lounge. She's 75 centime height but 9th for weight. Saying that I don't think she's got long left

DD is still dinky but has loads of room left in it, I have a bugaboo cameleon and the carrycot is quite big compared to some prams.

My lo is 6 months and he still fits his carrycot. I have a Hartan from Germany and its nice and big!

I used mine until they were about 18 months .... but it was an old fashioned coach built :haha:

My daughter is using it now and I have another for my 19 month old Grandson ... still loads of room for him to grow too :happydance:

https://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af263/MarieBriscombe/KayluminPram.jpg

I used mine until they were about 18 months .... but it was an old fashioned coach built :haha:

My daughter is using it now and I have another for my 19 month old Grandson ... still loads of room for him to grow too :happydance:

https://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af263/MarieBriscombe/th_KayluminPram.jpg

I'd love a pram like this! I wish my mum still had ours from when we were little. I looked at buying one but they're so expensive!

iv only just changed over this week tbh i could have left it but the time just felt right 2 me juniors 7 mths and hes very happy as u can c now he can get a good old nosie lol

216340_10150162733586859_606066858_6658826_7589866_n.jpg

304123_10150353913446859_606066858_8138748_276638783_n.jpg

I'd love a pram like this! I wish my mum still had ours from when we were little. I looked at buying one but they're so expensive!

My hobby is renovating them :happydance: They are a dream to push and get used a lot as we live within walking distance of town etc ... not very practical for putting in and out of cars though :nope:

The one in the picture was built in 1965 and is like the one my Mum had for me :thumbup: ... Here is the one that I used for my own children that I've completely modernised for Tattie to use :flower:

https://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af263/MarieBriscombe/LilythePink-1.jpg

My hobby is renovating them :happydance: They are a dream to push and get used a lot as we live within walking distance of town etc ... not very practical for putting in and out of cars though :nope:

The one in the picture was built in 1965 and is like the one my Mum had for me :thumbup: ... Here is the one that I used for my own children that I've completely modernised for Tattie to use :flower:

https://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af263/MarieBriscombe/LilythePink-1.jpg

That's so cool! We live in the countryside so have to get in car to go anywhere so it really wouldn't be practical at all. They're fantastic though. I remember when my brother was a baby and my mum would sometimes give me a shot in the pram - I was 7 years old and still fitted in!

I also had a Silvercross dolls pram which I adored because it looked like a real pram rather than a plastic toy dolls pram. I think I still have it at my parents house. Will have to look it out for LO to play with when she's older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->