How long didit take u to get 'back up and runnng'?

Yes the bruised feeling is something I have too, aswell as the 'lady bits falling out' feeling.... horrible.

Hope we all start to feel more like our 'normal' selves again and in the meantime we should remember to take it easy ;)

xxx

It took me 7 months to heal down below :( I had 3rd degree (episiotomy & tear) My stitches started to fall out around 10 days after birth which caused an infection. For an entire 7 months it burned when I peed. I had lots of difficulty healing. I had my daughter 1.5 years ago and am expecting baby #2 in 2.5 -3 months. I healed fine in the end, thank goodness. The joys of delivering a 9 lbs 9.5 oz & 23 inches tall baby girl at only 40 weeks 3 days!!! I am going to be induced early this time, thank goodness!

i had an episiotomy and i was sore for a few weeks and i had over 40 stitches! it does get better hun, keep your chin up! i hope u feel better soon :hugs:

i had an episiotomy and i was sore for a few weeks and i had over 40 stitches! it does get better hun, keep your chin up! i hope u feel better soon :hugs:

40 stitches, wow!!!!

Thanks alot darling :hugs:

x

Ah, good thread. I was wondering how long it'd take to feel 'normal' again. I had 7 stitches, and although they still sting a bit when I pee, they're otherwise fine. It's the bruising that really hurts! I'm taking arnica but I don't think its helping :(

Definitely got the 'bits falling out' sensation too. I find pelvic floor excercise greatly helps that though :)

Ah, good thread. I was wondering how long it'd take to feel 'normal' again. I had 7 stitches, and although they still sting a bit when I pee, they're otherwise fine. It's the bruising that really hurts! I'm taking arnica but I don't think its helping :(

Definitely got the 'bits falling out' sensation too. I find pelvic floor excercise greatly helps that though :)

Hi ya darling!!!

Good to hear that your doing well :) Yes, Im still feeling the bruised feeling at 2 weeks after... REALLY need to start my pelvic floor exercises though!

xxx

I am getting about 3 days forward 2 days back in terms of progress! Since I went for that long walk I felt better but the last 2 days I'm hurting loads again! Worst thing is that I think my DH doesn't believe me and that I only say it hurts to get out doing chores! :cry: Seems like a different kind of area/pain each day. Really fed up with this now! :hissy:

:hugs:

I find sitting on my bum all day and letting others do things for me greatly helps too :lol: Standing up hurts after a while :(

:hugs:

I find sitting on my bum all day and letting others do things for me greatly helps too :lol: Standing up hurts after a while :(

Totally agree! My mum has been brilliant. Standing up kills, but I find it actually eases it to walk about. Standing still is the worst.

Gotta ask - did you expect this? I had no idea that it would hurt so much for so long after the big day! I thought may be a couple of days being sore, but not like this!

Nope, I thought I'd be fine by now.

Ahh how naive of me :rofl:

Nope, I thought I'd be fine by now.

Ahh how naive of me :rofl:

Love your avatar monkeh!!! Your little boy is gorgeous! :cloud9:

Yeah I feel naive too. Especially since my mum told me (after the birth) that both she and my grandma had tonnes of stitches too! :dohh: WHy didn't you tell me BEFORE mum? :rofl::rofl:

I also have the most pain when standing... was a killer when changing Miles' nappy... luckily OH did that in the beginning.

Today is a bit of a breakthrough though - managed to walk into the centre and do some shopping and back again (about 3 miles in total) - so there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Hope you all are starting to feel better!!! :hugs:

x

I change Dexter's nappies on my knee, so I'm fine for that. Just as well really cause there's nobody else to do it :rofl:

I had another day in today. There's a farmer's market on tomorrow morning though closeby, so I might take a wander down to that. Might not though. Will see how I feel! :lol:

I asked my DH to take a look at the surgeon's handiwork down there yesterday, for the first time... and he says it looks like I have got an extra fanny! :shock: Sounds so gruesome I can't bring myself to look :(

i'm totally feeling the pain, not sure how many stitches i had but it was a second degree tear. its healing nicely apparently but still really sore. had to have internal and external stitches. it also hurts up my bum. anyone else getting this? i didnt tear there so i dnt no if its just from pushing?

hope u all recover soon
xx

I was okay after a couple of weeks. Think I was very lucky x

i'm totally feeling the pain, not sure how many stitches i had but it was a second degree tear. its healing nicely apparently but still really sore. had to have internal and external stitches. it also hurts up my bum. anyone else getting this? i didnt tear there so i dnt no if its just from pushing?

hope u all recover soon
xx

Hi ya,

Yes I still have some pain when I go for a no 2 (sorry TMI).... but I think its all just due to the pressure that whole area experienced, at least thats what I can imagine it is ;)
x

I'm really uncomfortable on the loo whether I'm doing a No2 or not lol. Not a comfy place to be cause of the pressure.

I just have internal stitches, none external, so I'm hoping I look pretty much the same down there! :lol:

I suggest taking arnica for your brusing and to put T-tree or lavendar drops in your bath to help the stiches heal. I did this after all three of my children and it worked (as recomended by my MW). The pain in the bottom is from the pushing and it goes after a few weeks.

I don't get any pain from no.2's but theres always a load of blood when I wipe! I think its piles :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->