How long do medical management meds stay in system?

Fresia

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I took the first tablet to medically manage my 2nd MMC on Monday this week (Mifepristone) but miscarried naturally that day without having to take the second tablet . From what I understand, the first tablet blocks the effects of progesterone. We want to start TTC as soon as possible but how long will this progestone blocking effect last? I presume if I wait for my first period before trying, this will be okay. Has anyone else gone through this please? I had a totally natural miscarriage last time so have no experience but plan to ask the EPU when I go for my follow up scan next week.
Thanks

Hi Fresia

I went through medical management 2 weeks ago. I seem to have now stopped spotting and can feel ovary twinges so feel like my body may be starting a cycle - here's hoping! :thumbup:

The nurse told me that they just advise to wait to have one natural period and then it is fine to try again. But I don't think there is any harm if you do fall pregnant before first AF, it is mainly for dating purposes for the next pregnancy. I wasn't told anything about the medication staying in my system and I had to have the maximum five doses of it too :wacko:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"