How long does bleeding last after going off the pill ?

starryeye31

2nd tri ~Its A Boy ~
Reaction score
I just got off Micronor after taking it for almost 2 years ... Ive missed 3 pills and now im bleeding , anyone know how long the bleeding will last for and should we be ttc right now or wait untill after the bleeding stops ?

Hiya!

The bleed your having now is your withdrawal bleed. It should last about as long as your WB normally did when on the pill (mine was usually 4-5 days).

No reason why you can't TTC now, though you most likely won't ovulate yet for at least 2 weeks or so, and it can take some people much longer. After stopping the pill I had a 31 day cycle then my 'true' period started. I'm using OPKs this month and hoping to catch when I ov. Some people prefer to wait until they have a true period before TTC, just to get an idea of cycle length and let their bodies settle. Though it's not a problem if you get pg in the first cycle.

I was on microgynon too, 11 years non stop! Feels great to get off it. :D Good luck with TTC!

Hi

Mine was over a week but not too heavy towards the end. I started trying to ttc after that but my cycles are wacko!

x

I was on microgynon too, 11 years non stop! Feels great to get off it. :D Good luck with TTC!

Ooh, jealous! I'm coming off Microgynon 30 at the start of Dec - Soooo can't wait! I've been on it for about 12 years!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->