How long does PND last?

AnneD

Reaction score
When does it go away? I just don't know what to do anymore. I've got this sweet baby and I'm feeling so bad.

:hugs: have you seen your GP? Are you taking antidepressants or having any counselling?

Everyone is different and what worked for others might not help you. I had PPD. Mine was lengthy and included a relapse once I stopped antidepressants. It's now been 6 months since I stopped my second round of antidepressants :hugs: xx

It might transform into a regular depression and last for years if you don't get help. Please get help, there is no shame in it. Reaching out for help means you are strong and doing the best for your baby

Thank you both for replies. I have been to the GP and I'm having counselling, but it just doesn't seem to be shifting. I'm not on antidepressants because I required huge doses of many antidepressants before, and none of them seemed to help for long. (And I'm still breastfeeding.) I hope to god it doesn't change into regular depression, I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with that.

Teal, do you mind me asking what you're taking and how much?

:hugs: i had pnd with my 1st child. never really went away altho i manage a bit better now. ill prob go back on sertaline as im not coping v well :(

I had pnd with my first and was on meds for 10 months and weaned off ok. I felt fine, then midway through my pregnancy felt a bit down. I'm now 2 weeks postnatal and do feel different to last time but am very teary most days. I haven't started on anything yet but have a nurse and the HV looking out for me as don't want to get like last time x

Babyhopes: I'm really sorry to hear that, but glad that medication can be of help to you. Hugs.

Klcuk: fingers crossed you don't get it again, and congratulations on your new baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->