How long does Shepherd's pie keep for?

Sunrise

Reaction score
So i've made a Shepherd's pie (or is it a cottage pie? Made using minced beef, anyway...) to put in the fridge. The meat, veggies and mash have all been cooked seperately and bunged together but they haven't all been cooked together yet IYSWIM. How long should it last in the fridge?

ive allways thought cooked meat could be kept refirgerated for three days but i dont know for definite, maybe have a google and see if there are any food safety guidlines

Id only keep it 24 hours but im really fussy with food x

I've only ever kept anything in the fridge for 24 hours, meat or not. Anything else I freeze.

I'm very fussy with food, but with cooked mince I would let it sit in the fridge for 3 days, if I'm not going to have it in that time or not too sure I whack it in the freezer right away. I'm more anal with other meats like chicken, mince doesn't worry so much for some reason! But I will quite often make spag bol on a Tuesday and we'll still be eating it Thurdsay/Friday lol.

I eat anything like that within 24 hours if not I freeze. I do think it's 3 days though but I wouldn't leave it that long x

Thanks all, gonna freeze it :) When I take it out to cook it do I need to defrost it first or can I cook it from frozen?

Cottage Pie/Shephards Piei mak it fresh keep in fridge for 24 hours max and then cook in oven and eat. Or I make cool down freeze and then defrost in the fridge cook and eat when needed. I've used a recipe that says it can be cooked from frozen but I prefer not to cook from frozen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->