how long does the bleeding last?

Rei

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I had a natural miscarriage and I started light bleeding maybe three or four weeks ago. I finally started passing clots three weeks ago. Well over a week ago I started hemerageing. Luckily I happened to be on my way to my follow up appointment when it started. She had to pull out the remaining tissue in the office to stop the heavy bleeding. I'm not bleeding heavy anymore but I've had what has been like a light period since then. How long does bleeding last after all the tissue has passed?

Probably not what you want to hear but mine lasted 55 days after all the clots & tissue had passed. That is not normal and I eventually had to be put on birth control to get the bleeding to stop.

If you are questioning the length or heaviness of the bleeding call your dr. I'm sure they are used to those questions and they should be able to help. Best of luck, I'm so sorry for your loss xx

My first miscarriage was very early - about 5w5d, and I only bled for about a week total. It was heavy and painful for about two days then the rest was like a light period, but heavier than spotting. My second was at 9w2d, and I bled much heavier and longer that time. For a week it was lots of heavy bleeding with clots and laying in bed with cramps. The second week was more period-like, and then I had spotting but don't remember exactly how long that lasted, but probably no more than a week.

Have you talked to your dr? Like hopeful.one I've known of some ladies who were put on birth control to stop the bleeding. Good luck hun and I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. :hugs:

Thank you both! I was actually wondering if bc would help because I have been either spotting or bleeding for almost a month now it seems XD. I see my doctor Thursday so I'll ask her then thank you!

I'm so sorry for your loss hun,

Again not what you want to hear but I had the surgery and then bled for ten weeks :( it's not normal I know but they told me 7-10 days and ten weeks later I went back to the dr. It then stopped and my periods returned to normal.

Huge hugs x

Thank you very much for your reply. The bleeding actually picked back up to a somewhat heavy flow on Sunday (this is three weeks after I was told all the tissue had been passed). I called and my doctor told me it is most likely my AF.

I'm so confused because I never actually stopped spotting. I have a co-worker that told me a similar thing happened to her so I am SO hoping that this is AF. I've never hoped to have a period so much in my life XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->