How long does your baby take to go to sleep?

Starlight32

Reaction score
We have been putting our 4 month old in the crib at night for the past week and letting her put herself to sleep. She usually takes anywhere from 15 min to 1 hour to go to sleep when I put her in her crib for the night. She also "talks" a lot and fusses (I go in and check on her if she's crying).

Is fussing normal? I would never let her cry, but it seems like she has to groan a bit before falling asleep (even if I'm holding/rocking her). I stopped rocking/walking her to sleep because last Saturday she was up for hours laughing/smiling/playing while I was trying to walk her so I'm worried my presence is more of a distraction now that she's getting a bit older.

About 5-10 minutes; I try to put him down when he's drowsy and then he watches his crib soother for a few minutes and drifts off. Sometimes he will cry for a minute, but never a full meltdown. Usually by the time I go to check on him from the living room he's on his way to falling asleep by the time I reach him. (We stopped rocking/feeding to sleep around 2 months)

I would say anywhere from 1-15 min at bed time, sometimes naps take a bit longer and she has played in her crib for 45 minutes a couple of times before falling asleep.

From my memory with my son I think fussing is fine. They are learning to settle themselves and so and long as they are won't do distresssed or crying id let baby learn. It sounds like you're close so can get there if needed. x

Fussing is normal. James takes around 20 minutes to fall asleep on a good night. If his last nap was too late then it can take around 50 minutes though.

1-15 mins xxx

About 5 minutes but I nurse her to sleep. Sophie slept by herself just fine and took 5-25 minutes and often fussed.

In the last couple of weeks it takes her about ten minutes as she fusses a bit even if she is very tired, we just rub her tummy and she settles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->