• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long for your baby to start going longer between feeds (especially at night?)

Kmx

Reaction score
My little girl is feeding every 2 hours round the clock except for one period of 8pm where she will go 3.5-4hours but after that it's every 2 hours.

How long did ur breast fed baby take to go longer? I'm a bit of a zombie at the moment. Love breastfeeding but just looking for the light at the end of the tunnel when I may sleep longer than 1.5 hours at a time.

Hi! My baby is turning 7 weeks old this week and this week she has started to wake up only once at night or a couple times she has slept through the night! It's not steady yet but once your LO starts throwing you a 3 or 4 hour stretch you'll start feeling like a million dollars. She started throwing me some longer stretches starting maybe around the end of 5 weeks.

Trust me, I was miserable getting up every hour or two and I was convinced she was never going to sleep more and I hated breast feeding and then she started doing it and breast feeding got a little easier :). It will come, I promise... hang in there !!

I don't know if these things helped but around 5 weeks of age I started leaving the house and taking walks and keeping the house bright during the day even though it gave me tons of anxiety to leave the house ... I heard that this helps reset their circadian rhythm... but I have no idea if it's a coincidence... it couldn't hurt to have more natural light in the house during the day.

Right now she goes to sleep anywhere from 930pm to 11pm depending when she's tired and will sleep to 3am and then after a feed to about 6ish... if she skips the 3am wake up she wakes up around 5am.... but it's only been happening for maybe a week so I'm keeping fingers crossed it's her new pattern !!

My little girl is feeding every 2 hours round the clock except for one period of 8pm where she will go 3.5-4hours but after that it's every 2 hours.

How long did ur breast fed baby take to go longer? I'm a bit of a zombie at the moment. Love breastfeeding but just looking for the light at the end of the tunnel when I may sleep longer than 1.5 hours at a time.

This was definitely the pattern we had for a good few months. I found just going with her pattern for a while (so heading to bed myself at 8pm) was the best idea. I wanted to have my evenings but I couldn't enjoy them because I was so tired so I sacrificed them for some sleep in the knowledge that it wouldn't last forever, and it didn't.

He had a random 2 weeks at 11 weeks old where he slept thru until 4-6am, but other than that he was feeding every 1-3 hours day and night until around about 8.5 months when he started to to do one longer stretch. Last feed was 7:15pm and the next, anywhere from 11pm-12. Then fed irratically thru the night. Even now at 10.5 months old I have only had 2, maybe 3 nights of reduced feeding. Once he did 2am, 4am, 5am. Once 11:30 and 4 then every half hour after. A lot has become comfort feeding over the last 3 weeks, it used to almost all be proper feeds, but it is hard to battle it when I barely get any sleep and I have OH and 2 school age kids needing sleep. If he isn't waking to feed, he is still up and down all night for ... well, no reason really. On the odd occasion he has slept well he tends to shout out when he stirs, which is frequent, so get woken by that all the time too. He isn't in our room but I am a very light sleeper and monitor is on my side of the bed. :/

Emma starte having a long stretch of sleep at about 5 weeks old, about a 5 hour stretch from 8pm. I went to bed when she did.

She now is "fussy" and feeds a lot between 5-8pm, then half the time she sleeps from 8pm till about 5:45am (I know!!! Lucky me right?!), feeds then sleeps again till about 7:30am or sometimes longer. The other half of the time she will wake at roughly 3am then again about 6ish.

She's a lot different to my other kids at this age and sleeps much better at night. No idea why as I don't do anything differently apart from not swaddle her. She's 12 weeks old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->