How long has your baby gone without a poo?

stephj25

Reaction score
I took DS to the doctor yesterday as he hasn't gone in 2 weeks, he has given me lactulose which is to be taken twice a day. Still waiting for that poo!!

Anyone else's babies gone this long? DS is 6 weeks old and EBF

Most my daughter ever went was 5 days or so while being EBF (until 6 months). Good luck! Waiting for something you have no control over is the worst!

Mine went 5-6 days at the most when she was EBF, but my HV told me she had one mum whose baby used to go around every 10-14 days and was perfectly fine ... apparently though, when it was poop day, the poor woman didn't even leave the house as her baby would do so much poo! Lol.

If your baby seems happy I wouldn't worry too much, assuming he goes in the next couple of days. As long as it's soft and there's lots of it when he does go, then it's fine.

well, he had 2 poos since my post. 1 on friday and one today. They were huge!!

Not sure whether this is it for another 2 weeks or whether it has cleared some sort of blockage but the poo was normal breastfed poo (runny and yellow) :)

I think my daughter went 5 days to a week max. My mom said my brother who was ebf went 2 weeks and that everything was fine. Apparently the range for ebf babies is quite large! Hopefully everything is fine with your LO xx

Yay, glad he's gone and they were absolutely normal! I noticed that they used to smell really awful if she went over about 2 days without one, but maybe that's just my LO lol! Now she is on solids they ALL smell awful.

Happy days!

Thomas would poo every 11-16 days at that age. And yes, they were huuuuge!

My first born went two weeks without pooing! He was EBF x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->