How long have you been ttc?

readyformore

Reaction score
Just curious how long everyone has been ttc?

How long did you ttc your other children?

My first was 19 months and 4 IUIs.
My second was one event of ntnp. (woop-woop!!)
My third was 7 months ttc.

This is cycle #12 for me, and well. . . . I guess that says it all.

I feel like I can post just about anywhere on this site, aside from ttc #1 (which I guess I technically have experience with, lol). I've been lttc, assisted reproduction, secondary infertility, 35+.

I've been ttc #1 for 13 cycles with about a year before of NTNP. Just saw an FS 2 weeks ago and I'm now in the process of doing all of the testing that goes with that. Hopefully she can help me out. Baby Dust to all you ladies and I hope we all get that BFP soon.

TTC #1 and this is technically cycle #14 as tried unsuccessfully for 11 cycles in 2009 but stopped TTC as I needed to sort some health issues. But seeing the GP next week to discuss testing and options

:dust: to all :dust:

1st daughter took 5 minutes
2 nd daughter 5 minutes
Mc
This one a year but only seriously I guess in terms of charting etc this last month....kept assuming it would just happen.
Think this might be age or low iron . Who knows :shrug:

We're starting in August this year.

Our first son we conceived first cycle at age 38, somehow I don't think this one will be so easy.

Good luck to everyone :)

My first was 6 months without any monitoring
My second one was 2 months
TTC with #3 for 6 months (10 years later) with close eye on the cycle and herbal help...

#1 as a teenager ( a whoopsie moment....!) who is now a gorgeous 18 year old
#2 Started trying in Nov 2009, got pregnant in March 2010 - but it was an ectopic pregnancy (4 months)
#3 Started trying again in July 2010 - not a whiff of a BFP since (11 months)

Getting a little bit despondent about the whole thing now...how long is it going to take :shrug:

first took one cycle but mc at 6 half weeks
second 7 months mmc at 10 weeks
now we are on 9th cycle and no sign yet, but despite it all I have a good feeling about this month!

Looks like we are moving onto our 5th cycle. Will probably start to get help although insurance doesn't cover since DH and I are in the age bracket that you need to start getting checked around 6 months of trying.

TTC#1 since Sept 10 (although I've had a few duff one's in there so not counting them!) so I guess it's about 8 cycles. Not a flippin whiff of a BFP.

Agree with tulip girl - how long does this take??????????:shrug:

too long :flower:

24 months now, unexplained infertility and doing IUI in August - consultant had the nerve to take a holiday next month!!! :haha:

we officially started last February 2010, we were in australia and it was the first time hubby had ever deposited inside me in all our time together!! so it was a special moment. funnily enough I had purchased some ov tests and got a smiley face the first time I peed on one, I was like wow this is easy! little did I know!

then for months later I didnt track anything and probably wasnt BDing at the right times, so I say I officially started September 2010 as thats when I started tracking ovulation, periods etc. But even those months dont really count as I had a polyp in my uterus, which was removed in march.

I had 2 unsuccessful cycles since polyp removal, which led me to panic and start clomid!

I conceived my daughter on the first try at 34½
NTNP in April, but ended in mc at 5 weeks.
This is my second cycle TTC #2

Wow, ok i am one of the LTTTC ladies, TTC for over 3 years, for our first. Got pg the first time after 5 mo, m/c right away, it was the only natural pg for us. Second one IUI 6 mo after first m/c, bfn, second IUI 3 mo later, bfp, but we lost that one at 5 weeks, third IUI 2 mo later, bfp, m/c at 9 weeks, with a d&C, 4th IUI 5 mo later, bfp m/c at 5 weeks, 5th IUI 6 mo later, bfn. still trying on our own, but no luck so far, all tests have been run, and both of us are fine, not sure why we can get pg with IUI's but not naturally!! So we are still trying for our first!!

Wow, ok i am one of the LTTTC ladies, TTC for over 3 years, for our first. Got pg the first time after 5 mo, m/c right away, it was the only natural pg for us. Second one IUI 6 mo after first m/c, bfn, second IUI 3 mo later, bfp, but we lost that one at 5 weeks, third IUI 2 mo later, bfp, m/c at 9 weeks, with a d&C, 4th IUI 5 mo later, bfp m/c at 5 weeks, 5th IUI 6 mo later, bfn. still trying on our own, but no luck so far, all tests have been run, and both of us are fine, not sure why we can get pg with IUI's but not naturally!! So we are still trying for our first!!

Wow...u have been thru so much, yet seem to be one of the most positive women here...quite admirable and inspiring...why do they think you keep miscarrying?

Wow...u have been thru so much, yet seem to be one of the most positive women here...quite admirable and inspiring...why do they think you keep miscarrying?

Thank you so much for your kind words, i guess the way i look at it is i have two choices, be miserable becasue i cannot have a child, or enjoy what God has blessed me with and have fun, i choose to enjoy what i have and have fun. The RE's office just tells me its becasue of my old eggs, i have tried everything, i really believe that the one in october, i lost because of low progesterone, my REs office refused to test, and then said i had a blighted ovum, and wanted me to schedule a d&c the very next day, i refused and i went to my ob, two days later, and they said after doing blood tests that my progesterone was too low, they tried to save it, but it was too late, oh and the baby that the RE said was "Gone" was still there, my ob's office saw it, it looked like a litte gummy bear laying on its back, with tiny little arm buds and leg buds, i still have that image in my mind, its so sad. What i dont understand is why we cant seem to get pg on our own, there has to be something i am doing wrong you know, i have tried opk's and temping and preseed and nothing, so frustrating, thats why i hopped on the whatever wagon, and decided to live life and have fun again.

Let me start from the beginning. In July 2004, I got married. Within the first year 2005, I had a late period, so I took a pregnancy test. It was positive. I didn't believe it. Went to the store and bought another pregnancy test, it was positive. I will never forget it, it was on a Saturday, I was soooo excited. During the weekend, I got my period, it was really heavy. It must have been an early loss or I had two fluky pg. tests. In the same year, I got diagnosed with bipolar. It was a shock! Anyway, I was put on meds and it took two years to get it managed.

In 2007, I went to my ob/gyn and raised my concerns with him, I had now been off bcp for three years. He gave me a vaginal ultrasound and told me everything looked good, and that I would have a baby in my belly but to try for a year. Well, I never did get the baby in my belly, as he said. We still just kept trying.

In 2009, dh and I went to an RE that was recommended by someone I worked with. In that appointment, I was checked, my blood was taken and I even had a saline ultrasound to check for polyps . All clear. Finally, dh was checked..I got a call at work from the RE and he said my dh's S/A was so bad, that our only hope to ever have a baby, was IVF. Dh and I were crushed. The RE did tell me to have dh checked for a varicocele (it's a varicose vein in the testicles that can cause blockages). We went to the urologist, dh was checked and had an ultrasound. No varicocele was found. On our way back from getting the news, we were rear ended in a car accident. I was injured but dh was not. That took precious time away from TTC because I was in chronic pain, seeing doctors.....etc etc...

This year we went back to a new urologist for a second opinion about dh. Same results, no varicocele but his S/A was beyond improved, he went up in every category. So we decided to look into vitamins for him and to keep trying. So, I we don't get pg. we are going back to the RE (not the one we originally saw) and seek professional treatment.

Sorry for the long post.

So technically, 5 years but temping and opks and all that since about March of this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->