How long have you been ttc?

It sounds like u need a new RE..:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

But u now know u can get knocked up via IUI,
and u now know u were probably miscarrying because of low progesterone,
so do u think u'll try IUI again with a new RE and progesterone support in the future?

Good grief, when I complain about it taking so long you must want to slap me! Well Luvmydoggies my friend was told that there was no chance for her either, (she only had a period every six months and his sperms count was really bad.) and they have a son now, so you never know. I hope this is your year, baby dust

Good grief, when I complain about it taking so long you must want to slap me! Well Luvmydoggies my friend was told that there was no chance for her either, (she only had a period every six months and his sperms count was really bad.) and they have a son now, so you never know. I hope this is your year, baby dust

awwww...not at all. we all want to have a baby...no matter how long it takes...we are all going through the same agony. I have never had to go through losing a baby. I can't imagine the pain and suffering you and other women have gone through.:hugs::hugs: Thanks for the positive story..they always give me hope! Hope we can all be bump buddies one day very soon.

lots of luv & :dust::dust::dust:

#1 - 5 minutes:wacko:
#2 - 5 minutes:wacko:
#3 - 5 minutes:wacko:

fast forward 16 yrs

#4 - 2 yrs 1 month with 1 failed IUI finally BFP ( via IUI):happydance:
#5 - 8 cycles so far:cry:

It sounds like u need a new RE..:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

But u now know u can get knocked up via IUI,
and u now know u were probably miscarrying because of low progesterone,
so do u think u'll try IUI again with a new RE and progesterone support in the future?

We might do another IUI with a different RE, but we can only do Clomid with a small dose of injectables because i am out of insurance money for infertility for the meds, and we cannot afford 4 grand in meds. I have warred with myself as to should i just let it all go, or do we try another IUI and see what happens, i always respond well, even with clomid and the low dose of injectables i had 3 eggs, but i believe that they let me go too long, one egg was at a 24 when i triggered, and the other two were at 16 and 17 so one was too big, and two were too small. I believe that she figured i would never respond to just the clomid, and did not watch it close enough, so yea if we decided to do one more, i will go to a new RE. I have been thinking about the IUI more and more here lately, so we will see what happens.

:hugs:
Let me start from the beginning. In July 2004, I got married. Within the first year 2005, I had a late period, so I took a pregnancy test. It was positive. I didn't believe it. Went to the store and bought another pregnancy test, it was positive. I will never forget it, it was on a Saturday, I was soooo excited. During the weekend, I got my period, it was really heavy. It must have been an early loss or I had two fluky pg. tests. In the same year, I got diagnosed with bipolar. It was a shock! Anyway, I was put on meds and it took two years to get it managed.

In 2007, I went to my ob/gyn and raised my concerns with him, I had now been off bcp for three years. He gave me a vaginal ultrasound and told me everything looked good, and that I would have a baby in my belly but to try for a year. Well, I never did get the baby in my belly, as he said. We still just kept trying.

In 2009, dh and I went to an RE that was recommended by someone I worked with. In that appointment, I was checked, my blood was taken and I even had a saline ultrasound to check for polyps . All clear. Finally, dh was checked..I got a call at work from the RE and he said my dh's S/A was so bad, that our only hope to ever have a baby, was IVF. Dh and I were crushed. The RE did tell me to have dh checked for a varicocele (it's a varicose vein in the testicles that can cause blockages). We went to the urologist, dh was checked and had an ultrasound. No varicocele was found. On our way back from getting the news, we were rear ended in a car accident. I was injured but dh was not. That took precious time away from TTC because I was in chronic pain, seeing doctors.....etc etc...

This year we went back to a new urologist for a second opinion about dh. Same results, no varicocele but his S/A was beyond improved, he went up in every category. So we decided to look into vitamins for him and to keep trying. So, I we don't get pg. we are going back to the RE (not the one we originally saw) and seek professional treatment.

Sorry for the long post.

So technically, 5 years but temping and opks and all that since about March of this year.

:hugs::hugs: big hugs to you honey!!

:hugs:
Let me start from the beginning. In July 2004, I got married. Within the first year 2005, I had a late period, so I took a pregnancy test. It was positive. I didn't believe it. Went to the store and bought another pregnancy test, it was positive. I will never forget it, it was on a Saturday, I was soooo excited. During the weekend, I got my period, it was really heavy. It must have been an early loss or I had two fluky pg. tests. In the same year, I got diagnosed with bipolar. It was a shock! Anyway, I was put on meds and it took two years to get it managed.

In 2007, I went to my ob/gyn and raised my concerns with him, I had now been off bcp for three years. He gave me a vaginal ultrasound and told me everything looked good, and that I would have a baby in my belly but to try for a year. Well, I never did get the baby in my belly, as he said. We still just kept trying.

In 2009, dh and I went to an RE that was recommended by someone I worked with. In that appointment, I was checked, my blood was taken and I even had a saline ultrasound to check for polyps . All clear. Finally, dh was checked..I got a call at work from the RE and he said my dh's S/A was so bad, that our only hope to ever have a baby, was IVF. Dh and I were crushed. The RE did tell me to have dh checked for a varicocele (it's a varicose vein in the testicles that can cause blockages). We went to the urologist, dh was checked and had an ultrasound. No varicocele was found. On our way back from getting the news, we were rear ended in a car accident. I was injured but dh was not. That took precious time away from TTC because I was in chronic pain, seeing doctors.....etc etc...

This year we went back to a new urologist for a second opinion about dh. Same results, no varicocele but his S/A was beyond improved, he went up in every category. So we decided to look into vitamins for him and to keep trying. So, I we don't get pg. we are going back to the RE (not the one we originally saw) and seek professional treatment.

Sorry for the long post.

So technically, 5 years but temping and opks and all that since about March of this year.

:hugs::hugs: big hugs to you honey!!

Thank you- sending big hugs to you!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

hi ladies ,, my other 3 kids where 5 mins , trying for number four since dec 2007 , had a few mc inbetween , :flower:

Luv, is sperm donation is out of the question?
OMM...i hope u go for it again...understandable if u need some time off, though...

Wow, ok i am one of the LTTTC ladies, TTC for over 3 years, for our first. Got pg the first time after 5 mo, m/c right away, it was the only natural pg for us. Second one IUI 6 mo after first m/c, bfn, second IUI 3 mo later, bfp, but we lost that one at 5 weeks, third IUI 2 mo later, bfp, m/c at 9 weeks, with a d&C, 4th IUI 5 mo later, bfp m/c at 5 weeks, 5th IUI 6 mo later, bfn. still trying on our own, but no luck so far, all tests have been run, and both of us are fine, not sure why we can get pg with IUI's but not naturally!! So we are still trying for our first!!

Wow...u have been thru so much, yet seem to be one of the most positive women here...quite admirable and inspiring...why do they think you keep miscarrying?

I second Indigo , bless your hearts :hugs:

All of these stories are so moving.
I hope we all get our bfps soon!!!

You girls are amazing , it puts a year into perspective that's for sure .
Keep going girls , I'm rooting for you :hugs:

Indigo- My dh is pretty open about things..and if it came down to it...I'm sure he would go for it. He will be the most amazing daddy whether its his sperm or donor sperm. I'm open to it too! When we go to the RE, I guess will see what they say.
We were asked about adopting a family members baby (his side) and we said yes, in a heartbeat but it turned out my MIL lied to us and got our hopes up for nothing!

Indigo- My dh is pretty open about things..and if it came down to it...I'm sure he would go for it. He will be the most amazing daddy whether its his sperm or donor sperm. I'm open to it too! When we go to the RE, I guess will see what they say.
We were asked about adopting a family members baby (his side) and we said yes, in a heartbeat but it turned out my MIL lied to us and got our hopes up for nothing!

So glad to hear your DH is open to it...
My BIL has issues because he had chemo treatments, and so they decided to adopt...but now they are also considering donor sperm...I hope they pursue both options...My sister doesn't have any issues, so i hope they go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->