How long have you been waiting for IUI on NHS?

Hi imaan just dropping by as we had IUI last week, it was our first one and we were lucky enough to get it almost straight away as there was no wait list. It was our 1st cycle - we had an info session and I was given the drugs Inc northisterone which controlled my period starting on a fri-sun so my scan/IUI days fell on a week day!

We were v lucky to have no waiting list, we are with cov and warks hospital and staff have been excellent so I cant complain. Just got to wait and see now!

Hope you get started v soon.

thats good to hear as im with cov and warks hospital too forgot to ask at my last appointment if there was a waiting list. hopefully we will be starting our first IUI soon got the info. session next week!

Hey Purplesparkle,

My FS told me that Coventry currently have a 4-month waiting list for IVF.

is it the same for IUI Imaan?

Oh no, I shouldn't think so hun. I don't remember if it was from this post but sombody said that they had no waiting time for IUI at Coventry. If the waiting time there is 4 months for IVF then it should be about a week for IUI or less! so it's looking good for you :happydance:

hi imann, i'm waiting 17 mths for my iui on the nhs - should get it April 2012 x

hi imann, i'm waiting 17 mths for my iui on the nhs - should get it April 2012 x

Oh Star :growlmad: I'm so sorry you have had to wait so long! why have they made you wait 17 months!!!?? which hospital are you with?

:hugs:

Oh no, I shouldn't think so hun. I don't remember if it was from this post but sombody said that they had no waiting time for IUI at Coventry. If the waiting time there is 4 months for IVF then it should be about a week for IUI or less! so it's looking good for you :happydance:

I was told at cov there is no wait list for IUI and ivf (there are also notices on the Walls stating this) so it's good news. I'm not sure if it would be any different for Solihull referrals? Hopefully not.

Good luck to purplesparkle too- u will get started on ur nxt period- the info session is ok!

Xx

I was told at cov there is no wait list for IUI and ivf (there are also notices on the Walls stating this) so it's good news. I'm not sure if it would be any different for Solihull referrals? Hopefully not.

Good luck to purplesparkle too- u will get started on ur nxt period- the info session is ok!

Xx

:thumbup:Oh that's fantastic then! :thumbup:

Oh Star :growlmad: I'm so sorry you have had to wait so long! why have they made you wait 17 months!!!?? which hospital are you with?

Glasgow Royal Infirmary - waiting lists for iui 17 mths and ivf 24 mths here :O(, Good think is they backdate if from your doc's original referral letter x

Glasgow Royal Infirmary - waiting lists for iui 17 mths and ivf 24 mths here :O(, Good think is they backdate if from your doc's original referral letter x

Wow! I am guessing that those who can afford it, go private. Hopefully you won't need IVF

Xx

thanks liz scared and excited to get started

had my iui info session on friday should start iui next period which is two weeks time excited and bit scared hope it works

Purplesparkle that's good news, we r v lucky it's so quick.

My 1st IUI failed, got my period this wkend (grumble) , only adding this because I promised an update but don't be disheartened it can work! We r going to have our other 2 iuis starting in jan, having a break in dec after an emotional year.

Xx

My husband has now decided that he wants to divorce and doesn't want any fertility treatment after this long wait of 7yrs ttc and 1yr waiting to begin IUI :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear that imaan, I hope you are ok, sending lots of hugs and a shoulder if u need one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->