How long have you known you wanted kids?

dontworry

LTTTC
Reaction score
I'm just 19 right now, but was raised in a house (not family) with five kids. I used to beg my mom to ask her friends if I could babysit for them... I even had my own babysitter's club when I was 9. I've always been maternal- far before even my period came! I'm just so excited to start my family next year. I'll be 20 by then, and we begin trying on our honeymoon. ;)
I've just always known I've wanted kids - lots of them lol.

When did you know you wanted them? How many do you want? :)

I've only really, really wanted them for the past year or so, before then it was just too difficult to think about because of debt, luckily it's nearly gone.

I was never very much into kids when I was a teenager, but I thought already at 16 that it was realistically to get kids at 25 ish if I wanted any. Only last year I actually got the deeper though(or rther first broodiness) signs, and coincidently they are when I am not far from being 25 years old.

I've always known i've wanted lots of children for as long as i can remember! My OH wants four ideally, not sure if we'll have that many though! I cant wait to be a mummy. I know as soon as i've got one though i'll keep on wanting more and more! I cant wait to ttc!

When I met my OH (I was 17) I grew up a bit and realized in the future I did want kids (After swearing I was never getting married OR having kids since I was a child)... I guess I never wanted kids like imminently until I found out I was actually pregnant with Elyse.

I always wanted children. I never not wanted them although I do go through phases of freaking out about what if I am a crap mother

I actually never wanted children until after I was married. So I was 28 before I felt broody at all. Luckily when I brought it up with DH we had a good talk and now we both can't wait. I'll be 30 we start trying, probably 31 when we have our first (all being well) and ideally I'd like 3 I think, but I guess we'll just have to see how we get on/how old I get!

All that said, I was never bothered about getting married until I met who is now my DH, so I'm quite glad I did end up waiting because now I couldn't imagine a family with anyone else.

i've always loved and been fascinated by babies, since i was really little.

when my mums friends daughter had her baby (i was 12 at the time) was when i became seriously broody. i knew it was all i wanted and that as soon as circumstances were right i would start a family.

i started working at a nursery when i was 18 cause i thought maybe the reality of looking after babies would put me off enough to stop feeling so desperate about it. it just made me worse!

in an ideal world i would like to have the freedom to just keep having babies until i feel i've had enough:wacko: that may mean having 3 or maybe 6 i don't know.

in reality i don't want to move from where i am now, it's absolutely perfect for kids and i'm really happy. this means that no matter what i will have to stop at 3 kids. i can cope with that though. i think when my own kids have grown up i will foster babies so i can still get my fix:haha:

sounds weird, but always..I grew up with 18 aunts/uncles with at least 3-4 kids each...I knew I wanted not only kids but lots of them.

I knew the whole time that i wanted to get some stuff sorted before having a baby. I wanted to finish college and marry my partner before even considering to have children. But the thought about having children is there since I was about 21, about a yr into mine and hubby's relationship. Before that I just enjoyed life to much (going clubbing etc) to have a child.

I have for as long as I can remember always been obsessed with anything to do with babies or pregnancy. Even when I was a little kid I used to wish to be old enough to have my own baby.

The first time I felt proper broody pangs though was in my second year at uni, so I would have been 19, I realised that having a baby was always going to mean more to me than anything else. I definitely think I was about 19 the first time I have cried over not being in the situation where we could have a baby yet.

I am pretty impressed that we have made it all the way to me being 24 given that the broodyness has been growing every year!

I've always known that I want kids, but I wanted to be in my late 20s before I did - I wanted to get married at 26 and start a family at 28, and by fluke, DH and I did marry when I was 26. Don't think I'll manage to convince him to TTC when I'm 28 though, I think it's a bit too soon for him! We knew that we wanted to get married and just enjoy being married before starting a family, but the real broodiness is getting stronger by the day right now :haha:

I've always been real obsessed with babies, too. I've honestly never been passionate about anything but them - they just give me so much joy. I can see a baby while I'm standing in line at a store, and all I think about it making him smile, or kissing his cheeks, or hearing him coo at me. I know my OH probably won't let us have more than 3 of our own, but I am completely positive about adopting children, especially with special needs, and maybe fostering for a few years. My OH's grandparents have adopted 10 kids throughout their lives, and still have one 22 year old at home with Down's Syndrome, which is why my OH is so keen on adopting a child with it. I'm 100% supportive of that. :) I'm just so happy that I've found someone who wants kids at badly as I do. I remember growing up and telling people that I was never gonna get married, but I was gonna have tons of kids. lol. I'm glad I've found someone I could actually stand being with for the rest of my life. x)

Iv allways known i wanted kids, im just waiting for my OH to pull his finger out

I've always known I want children. Become mega broody since being with my current boyfriend. So about 2 years. I would love 4 but would be content (ish) with 2 :p
I've basically been really broody since I realised that being a mother is the only thing I'm truly passionate about xxxx

I have always wanted kids. I have always been so unsure about my future. Career? No clue what I want to go to school for. But kids? Always. :haha: Ideally I would love to have 4 kids but financially I'm not sure. Once you hit 4 you have to start looking for bigger vehicles, ect. :D I will say I want 2 at least. If we end up having a boy next, I'll probably stop there.

As a child I don't remember thinking about it, as there were never any babies in my family, so I wasn't aroudn them enough to think about them. But when I was about 13 or 14 my friend's older sister had a baby and we looked after it for a few hours and I knew lol.
There's never been any doubt in my head, I've never once said "I don't ever want children" and I've never been worried about it, but when I was in my teens I thought I'd get a job I love, travel a bit, whatever. Then I realised when I started working in the toy shop (I was about 17) that my dream job would be being a parent, so all my plans went out the window! Still not really sure what I'm doing til I have kids, but I'll figure something out :)

Well I did want them when I was 18, had a miscarriage and went off the whole idea, but since being with my husband we have wanted children :)

I think I've always wanted kids in an abstract way- I could see myself with children at some point in the vague future. It was only when I settled down with my OH just under 3 and a half years ago that the need to have children became real and since then it has just grown exponentially for both me and OH, to the point where we've just decided that there will never be a perfect time and we'll just cope because we just can't wait any more. We're done being incredibly sensible and are just about ready to crack!! So we're ditching contraception at the end of next month and seeing how it goes ntnp once we're married! (I planned the date I finished the pill so that I should have finished the withdrawal bleed the Friday before the wedding!!)

Beca :wave:

Umm well I have always been facinated by the idea of giving birth as soon as I figured out how and where babies came from (I remember when I was young I used to play maternity with my friend and we used to take it in turns delivering teddies from under our tops) :rofl:

Then when I was a teenager I went off kids a little (I babysat my twin cousins, lovely but challenging!)

So I guess I have always known I have wanted children even when I was little, but I have only just recently gotten used to the idea of it properly happening. The broodyness is creeping up on me,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->