How long NTNP?

DarlingMe

Reaction score
New to the boards and new to NTNP. I have always been very careful about not getting PG. I have a very irregular cycle and test every month or so just to be sure. Up until about 6 months ago I always hoped for a :bfn:. The last few times I found myself hoping for a positive so we decided to stop using BC of any kind about 2 weeks ago. Not expecting anything anytime soon but just curious....

Just curious if any of you have gotten PG before this way or those of u that are how long have you been trying? It seems like I had so many friends in HS that got PG pretty easily and now I work with so many people who are having issues when a baby is what they want! Cant wait to hear your stories!

Hiya and welcome to BnB :wave:

We have been NTNP for only a week, but with my daughter who is 9 months old we went from 10-11 months crazily TTC to NTNP, and we were pregnant within a couple of months :) hence why we are only NTNP this time... I think its less pressure, more relaxed and more fun :winkwink:

Good luck with NTNP, I hope you get your :bfp: soon x

Only a week here too :) We are supposed to start TTC inAugust but I think we will just stick witht he way things are the the moment. I love th NTNP section and I'm in no hurry to leave!

xx

weve been NTNP since last october so....about 8-9 months i guess. :) im getting slightly worried but since im not really trying trying im not gonna think about it too much :)

same here. I get stressed out thinking about CM and most fertile days. So NTNP is perfect for us. We will just DTD when ever (we do every day or every two days anyway) and hope we catch an egg :thumbup:
OH agree's this is the best way as theres no pressure. I came off of BCP 2 weeks ago so in about 2 weeks im due a period, hoping its on time.

I was ntnp for 9 months with dd1, 1 month with dd2 and 5 months this time x

My LO is 4 months old. I took the mini pill when she was 6 weeks old for 4 weeks then decided that there was no real need as we had established breastfeeding well by that point. She is now 18weeks, so we have been NTNP for 8 weeks.....but we are probably breastfeeding enough for it to act as a contraceptive.

This will be our first month ntnp but have been ttc for 7 months without any success.

Xxxxx

This is my first cycle NTNP and I'm on CD 29 so I'm waiting for AF or maybe not.

i decided to NTNP in late december and got pregnant in march, so it only took 3 cycles. actually thought it would take longer, as we were not looking for the special days or having more sex than before.

wish you ladies the best!!!!!!! :)

wow sounds like those answers all vary alot! guess I wasnt really expecting a straight answer! I have very irregular periods, with only a few cycles a year so who knows how long it will be. We are fine with that though, for now. That is why we just decided to stop preventing because my cycle is so screwy!

DH and i were NTNP for 1 1/2 years with no success. We are on TTC cycle #4 in november.

I was NTNP for 3 months - avoided ovulation as was trying to lose weight first! LOL worked out well.... ha!!

We tried NTNP for about 6 months (although I knew when I ovulated and timed sex around that time :dohh:).

We then TTC for 10 months before getting :bfp:.

Now after I've MC we'll NTNP for this month but probably not much longer as we want this so much :flower:

xx

wow sounds like those answers all vary alot! guess I wasnt really expecting a straight answer! I have very irregular periods, with only a few cycles a year so who knows how long it will be. We are fine with that though, for now. That is why we just decided to stop preventing because my cycle is so screwy!

I dont wanna scare you but I have had abnormal AF. I became pregnant and NTNP for Two years and lost it at 3 months cuz I have hypthyroid.Not alot of docs look for it but it causes irregular periods and its harder.I just wanna make sure if y our hypo to get it looked at first bfore getting pregnant and finding out to late like me.:hugs:

We decided to NTNP and got preg the first month, only two times not using anything to prevent. Definitely thinking fate!

Wish you all best of luck in your NTNP! i really do think the stress of not "trying" helps in getting there :D

Hi,

DH and I was TTC for only 3 months when i decided the stress was too much, so we've been NTNP for 4 months now, hoping something will happen soon but trying not to worry about it too much, trying to live by the moto "whats for you won't go by you", but i'm sure if i don't get my BFP by this time next year that the moto may well get thrown out the window :haha:.

Love the fact a NTNP section has been opened.

L xx

I TTC with my first & it took 3 years, 4 courses of Clomid & a miscarriage to have my son, sometimes I often think was this partly to do with me thinking about TTC practically ALL the time? Some ppl used to say ''you are thinking about it way too much, just let nature take its course''

I do believe in a way this was partly to do with not conceiving naturally even though I have PCOS, as in Sept 2008 I came off the pill due to bleeding between periods and started to NTNP as I kind of thought I'd need Clomid again I really didn't think I'd fall pregnant...I have now a 11wk old daughter conceived 100% naturally without Clomid, got my BFP in Aug 2009! I can now say that nature happens when it happens & definitely try to RELAX and try not to think about it all the time:flower:

NTNP took 11 months, TTC took 3 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->