how long roughly for period to return?

LoolaBear

3 On Earth 1 in Heaven
Reaction score
im just wondering really.
its now been 29 days since i lost my baby at 17 weeks gestation, my cycles tend to be 24-25 days long, when i gave birth with my other children my cycles returned to normal straight away.
OH and i DTD 8 days after loosing the baby and we didnt use any protection but used the withdrawal method as we thought there wasnt a very high chance i could fall pregnant quite so soon after.
we havent DTD since then though.
i feel rough as hell today. it started last night, with being sick and hot and cold flushes and a very disturbed night. also peeing alot last night as well.
the only thing i have managed to keep down so far is half a slice of dry toast and a couple of sips of flat coke and this seemed to help settle my stomach as well.
i was thinking that ive just caught something from being out yesterday or from something i have eaten but my OH went everywhere i went yesterday and ate the same stuff i did and hes not ill and he is a big pansy pants and can pick all sorts up.
SIL is lending me her last test tomorrow as shes pregnant and has no need for it but what would you say jsut from going by what ive said?
OH and i wanted to wait a while before trying again jsut to let us emotionally get over loosing the baby so if i am its going to be a huge shocker and really i dont know how i would feel.
when i first started feeling ill last night the first thing that popped into my head was OMG im pregnant, the same feeling ive had all the times before.
argh driving myself nuts. wish SIL lived round the corner so i could go test now rather than waiting. xxx

I miscarried Sept 17 and started my period oct 21 mine was a week late, and yeap you can still concieve before your period. I used condoms because I read you have a higher chance of misc again because of weak muscles in the uturis, I have to look it up again. But TONSSSSSSSSSSS of women do get pregnant and do go full term and have cute lil babes :) I too had a feelig with my last pregnancy and I just knew it so go with your gut instinct!

Hi
Sorry for your loss :hug:

It totally depends on how long your HCG comes down to zero, everyone is different.
Mine came down quite quickly as I passed everything in a couple of days. Not sure for certain if I did Ov but I got positive opk roughly 14 days after and AF following 12 days. Slighty shorter than normal by 2 days.

GL & Fx'd for you

well im guessing they returned quite quickly as i was told as i was contracting that the blood test i had done two days before my hcg levels had dropped to 200 :( and everything came away in one, then continued to bleed for about 5 days afterwards and that was it. i had three days of no bleeding then about 3-4 days of really light brown spotting then nothing since.
so i dont know what to think. why does everything have to screw our bodies up?? xx

I lost my son 7 weeks ago at 18 weeks..
after i gave birth i bled for 3 weeks ending in spotting.. i didn't bleed for 1 week, then started spotting for 3 days then AF for 4 days followed by spotting again...
I'm sure everyones body is different tho..
I had a retained placenta and haemoraged after birth too.... i don't think i'd of naturally miscarried for a few weeks.....

AF started this morning so all back to normal now.
thank you. xx

hi, i msc early in my pregnancy and had a d&C it took my period 6wks to start up again and i fell pregnancy straight after that. I know its hard to even think about having another 1 so close to the loss but it really helped me (tho i was worried sick the whole pregnancy) but now have a georgous girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->