How long should medical management take?

bubbles82

Reaction score
I found out earlier this week that I was having a mmc, I should be nearly 10 weeks but baby stopped developing around 8 weeks after my first scan and had only grown to 6+2.
I was given misoprostol as a pessary at hospital yesterday, and was led to believe things would start happening about 4 hours later with heavy bleeding. It's now about 28 hours later and I feel dreadful, really faint, dizzy and weak, I've had the tiniest bit of spotting when I wipe but other than that nothing seems to be happening. I just wondered what I should expect and if anyone else had a similar experience? I really wanted to avoid a d&c so I'm worried this isn't going to work and I'll end up needing one anyway.

Has anything happened for you yet? I didn't do medical management but I've read quite a few posts from ladies who did. It takes a bit longer for some and doesn't work for everyone. They usually say to go back if nothing happens and they will go over your options again. They can offer you a second lot of pills.

I ended up back in hospital today and after lots of poking around by doctors who didn't seem to believe that I hadn't bled at all, I had a second lot of pills. No sign of those working yet either though and that was 4 hours ago.

Give it a few more hrs, it could work yet. Very frustrating though.

It didn't work for me, I had tablets for a week several doses every day every 4 hours some orally & some internally

I'm sorry you're going through this, it is frustrating, I ended up with a D&C , I don't dilate or mc naturally.

Here is my thread

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/miscarriage-support/2328145-count-down-mc-need-support.html

Mine took just under 12 hours to pass bub and sac
But had good bit of bleeding and clots for hours prior to that.
I posted my experience here too.
Its the medical management post.
Hope these tablets work for u
Hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79