How long to persist with purees?

stepmummy

Reaction score
My LO will take a smidge of food but very little - less than a cube a day.

We've been trying her on purees for about 3 weeks now (early start on advice from GP) and I'm just wondering whether BLW would work better for her. I was expecting her to have taken to it by now but she just seems upset by the spoon.

My main concern is that she doesn't have any teeth yet - would that make BLW difficult for her?

HI hun, we started weaning at 6.5 months by spoon feeding real food only. Omar had his 1st teeth 1 week after his birthday. They dont need teeth to chew food. xx

Clever things. I just wonder how she could possibly eat things like carrot, apple etc without them being slightly softened first. Perhaps that's the answer...

Carrots are always in stews so they'r cooked, he will not eat them steamed. I used to boil apples, add little cinnamon to it & give him soft pieces. Soft fruits are great to start with like mangoes, peaches, banana, etc. I tried puree at 1st but Omar hated them all including jars. You can also bake some veggies in the over like cubes of carrots, sweet potatoes, butternut squash & give him few pieces. I used to add little olive oil to flavour them.

He only ate few fruity jars but he refused all veggie jars & puree. You can fork mash from what you'r eating once your LO is 6+ months for few weeks then give him food without mashing. Pasta with sauce is good for starting as it's soft.

Dont worry about teeth, their gums are hard enough to cut & chew food. They dont use their front teeth for chewing, they need molars to chew food & they dont get those before they are 1 year +

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->