How long to wait to get a clear answer on HPT?

wintersocks1

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I have been TTC for a long time but I just got a box of OPKs for the first time and they came with 20(!) HPTs. I am looking forward to testing for the first time. I have never tested and I see that alot of people test around 10 DPO. I really really don't want to use the tests and wonder if its positive or negative. So how long should I wait till I can test on a HPT (with a sensitivity of 20 I think) and have a relatively good chance of getting a clear answer? My LP is 16 days usually so I am thinking testing at 12 DPO. Or should I wait longer?

I've got bfp at 12 dpo with 3 out of 4 preg.
So I try wait for then .
I did get bfp at 9 dpo once.
But sooooo faint and only once out of 4.
Any time I've gotten bfn at 12, af comes after.
Best of luck.
Everyone differs but for me 12 is it xxx

I would have said 12 dpo as well but the tests I've been using in the past (FRER and Internet cheapies) have had a sensitivity of 10 I think. How long your luteal phase normally is shouldn't affect it, I don't think. Happy peeing! ;-)

Thanks for the input ladies, super helpful. I think I will wait till 12 and maybe test for a couple of days after just in case. I tried looking up how long it takes for levels to reach 20 and I read anywhere from 10 DPO to many weeks, so not very helpful.

12dpo definitely safer if you can. It becomes hard to resist though!

Tests I hve are ten.
If 20 I'm not sure if maybe day of af.
Id get faint pos on a test with sensitivity of ten.
So not sure if it would show up on a 20.
Xx
Best of luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back