How long to wait

morebabies

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Hi, Just joined BabyandBump and thought I'd get some advice.

I recently had my son, he is 4 and a half months old, and love being a mum. I always knew I wanted my children close together and we are beginning to think about trying for another. Just wondered if anyone has an opinion or had children resonably close together? Doctor says to wait 6 months which is what we are thinking about.

Thx

:hi: Welcome to BnB
I honestly don't know, but I didn't want to read and run. My only advise is to follow what your doctor says and stay within a comfortable zone. GL

That's my plan too - to have 2 babies close together.
6 months seems to be the safe zone...
Lots of TTC ladies on here left it that time - to let their bodies get back to shape.

I would say a 2yr gap is nice ....so about when baby is 1 but thats only my opinion ...a 18month gap will be harder good luck
hugs serina x

my baby will be 6 months when me + OH start trying .. good luck, maybe we will be TTC buddies :D xx

helloo! my little boy is 5 months and were TTC we started about 2 weeks ago i think its lovely to have ur first two close togther!!

I used to think that 3 years was a good gap, but that was before I had Alexa, and now think a year or two would be nice if we have another, BUT it is actually completely up to you, since you know what is good for you, and what you can handle. I huave seen some threads on here where people try almost right away after having their baby. As long as your doctor gives you the go ahead, and you think it is time, then go for it!! Good Luck! :hug:
oh, and remember, what works for one person, does not always work, or make sense for another person!

hi :) just thought id put my two pennies worth in :)

My sister and I are 2 1/2 years apart, me being the older one. I think thats the perfect gap because I am old enough so that I am able to give her advice etc but young enough to remember what she is going through etc. We are closer than most best friends and I think if there was a bigger gap then we wouldn't be as close.

xxx

Hi! George is 6 months, had to have a C-section. I would love to try again for another! However, doctors say you should wait at least 12months after a C- section. We might start trying next Feb/March time?! x

Having a baby must be a stress on your body and can see why the doctor would say 6 months but saying that if your birth was simple and your periods have come back then only you know if it is ok with you. A close age gap is good as they will go through life experiencing things together which I think is really sweet.

Not got any yet so might be talking crap but being pregnant and having a smaller child may be easier than having a toddler and being pregnant ????

There is only 15 months between me and my brother as my mum fell pregnant when I was 6 months old. She struggled because she had 2 babies in nappies etc and my brother didnt sleep well so she was up all day with me and all night with him.

It is really down to how you are feeling after your first and how much stamina you have!! If you feel ready then there is no reason not to just follow your heart.

Well my OH is in his 2nd year of uni, our LO will be about 14 months when he finishes his 3rd and final year of uni. So I think we will start trying for another around then. Although may wait until LO is 18 months cos I got accidently preggo 2 weeks after meeting my OH :[ who luckily turned out 2 be my soulmate. So mite not have much ttc time if the same happens again lol xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->