How long until the night feeds 'calm down'?

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
My LO feeds every 2-3 hours overnight. Generally it ends up at 3 night feeds and I'll admit to being exhausted. I know it's normal but I'm just wondering when it might calm down a bit? 1-2 night feeds would be lovely!

My eldest was ff and dropped his night feeds by 3 months so this is a new experience for me.

Ours have gone from 2-3 times a night, to every 1-1.5hours :( I'm guessing we've hit the four month sleep regression :(

In my experience it goes up and down. Lots of babies tend to start spacing feeds about 3 months, then hit the 4 month regression, back to every 1-2 hours. space again about 5 month and regress again about 6months. Then might space until crawling and regress, then youve got teething, growth spurts ext in there too. So really. There is no "normal"

Sorry to hear you've hit 1-1.5 hours lexi, that's rough!

Thanks TheNewMrs. Guess I'll just have to enjoy the longer spacing and grit my teeth through the shorter ones (and get matchsticks to hold my eyes open!).

Co-Sleeping, Napping with baby, or even just laying down in bed while baby feeds all really helps. Its tough going but your body is amazing and will adjust to the little sleep. As baby gets older, and able to latch on and off by him/herself then just sleeping with you is usually enough if they have access to breast. Lots of mums find they are slightly disturbed as baby latches on and off for feeding but mostly sleep through babys feeding. So while night feeds might last for quite some time yet, if Mama is co-sleeping its usually much easier to catch up on some well needed sleep. :)

What a nice thread!! As I'm going through what I think is the 4 month sleep regression... Colton was JUST starting to get at least one longer block of sleep at night and then back to waking up a lot sigh. So I could have started this post too. Hard working full time and not getting sleep. We are co sleeping... but not always bed sharing... I bed share when I am really tired and use the co sleeper next to the bed when I'm a bit more rested because I do want him to sleep alone some to be used to it... but he sleeps quieter next to me IF he'll stop thrashing around enough to pass out before I get impatient and move him away from me! He is kinda hard to sleep next to when he's falling asleep unless he falls asleep on the boob, ha.

The bit about the baby going to latch on by themselves when they are older sounds great!! I wonder what age that happens. When they can crawl? LO can scooch over to me already some, but yeah I still have to help him etc.

I still feed LO about 3 times most nights. Sometimes he has a long stretch until he gets to around 2 am.

In response to the last post, I think he started latching himself months ago. Yes, it was a great help. I'm sorry I don't remember the exact age, but it's so much easier than feeding a small baby.... only now he has teeth. :(

My LO feeds every 2-3 hours overnight. Generally it ends up at 3 night feeds and I'll admit to being exhausted. I know it's normal but I'm just wondering when it might calm down a bit? 1-2 night feeds would be lovely!

My eldest was ff and dropped his night feeds by 3 months so this is a new experience for me.

Not to burst your bubble but my 14 month old still wakes and needs the boob to fall asleep. He wakes more often than my 6 week old.

DS is coming upto 14 months and wakes at least twice but mostly more for feeds!! I've not slept more than 4 solid hours since I was 5 months pregnant with him... Even when I had a migraine lol

I don't think it's gonna happen for me any time soon, though some nights I get like three hours of continuous sleep and it feels wonderful.

Alfie used to be very good and would sleep for about 7 hrs, then wake for a feed, then another 3 hours and wake to feed, then at 3.5 months he started waking loads and has been pretty bad ever since! Now he goes to bed at 7ish, has a feed at 10, 12.30, and sometimes 3ish, then wakes at 6-7. I am so looking forward to him sleeping through...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->