How long were you TTC??

hopeful harry

Reaction score
Okay so this is going to be my 5th cycle, and I know that all the web sites say, it can take up to a year to conceive, but I don't know if I can take a year of TTW's, I am already getting worried about my fertility! I was just wondering how long it took you successful guys! and if you had any tips to speed things up??

With my son it took us 4 months and with this one the the first month .
To some it takes a while . I know many people that it took them over 6 months .
If you are inpatient you can buy those ovulation kits . I did not use them but heard it's working great ( they are expensive tho ) . Or naturally I would try to have intercourse every other day .
Is your period regular ? You can find online ovulation calculator and calculate when you ovulate ...
Good luck ;) sometimes it takes time . Enjoy the time ;))

18 months trying for our daughter and fell pregnant 2nd month off the pill (first proper cycle ttc) this time xx

3 months after first period following stopping bcp...I used opk's, CBFM and I took my temp/charted. Also used preseed. Good luck!

With my son we fell pregnant on the pill - I had a stomach bug and was very ill on the pill for a week. I didn't use back up the next week (just didn't occur to me). So with him it was a lucky one-off. With this little one, it was our second month trying.

Only 20% of couples conceive each month when they are actively trying and on top of that, the chance of a chemical pregnancy occuring before HPTs pick it up is also really high. You may just have been really unlucky so far.

Good luck, hope to see you over here soon!

x

3 cycles for my daughter, first try this time around. I agree with the other ladies about using opk's and tracking your cycles. And try not to worry, 5 months is not that long. Sending you lots of baby dust!

5 months is not long at all! If you're 35 or under, it really can take up to a year to conceive! If it takes longer than a year, than you will be eligible to start investigating possible fertility issues, such as anovulation, problems with your uterus, male factor issues, etc.

18 months here, and I'm only 20! I ended up having to go on Clomid. I recommend temping, charting, using opk's, and using preseed or taking FertileCM. Best of luck!

Thanks for all the reply's Guys!

I have been using those ovulation predictor sticks and I get 'O' pains and have plenty of EWCM at that time! so pretty sure I have been getting the timing right, which is one of the reasons I am getting so frustrated, I feel a little reassured now. Will have to just keep trying! Wishing you all happy and health pregnancy's!

3 years for the baby we lost. And then 8 months after the loss to conceive my rainbow.

I found out when I miscarried that I have PCOS though.

Good luck!!

1st cycle. I dtd after ovulation to so not sure how it even happened. Lol

First was a surprise and not taking the pill properly on my part. Second time we were actively trying for 10 months after I had the coil removed, I used opk's and kept track of my cycles. This time it only took 4 months after having the coil removed but my youngest is only 12 months and it was only in for 6ish months rather than the full however many years. I know it seems like forever but 5 months really isn't that long at all and like all the other ladies have said if you don't already opk's and charting can be useful to give you an idea of the optimum time to be trying :)

18 months here, and I'm only 20! I ended up having to go on Clomid. I recommend temping, charting, using opk's, and using preseed or taking FertileCM. Best of luck!

I agree 100% with this poster. I think had I started out of the gate doing all these things we would have conceived in several months not several years. I started with opks but when I added charting that lead me down a path that uncovered the issues holding up back and allowed us to fix it! Good luck and hope you get your bfp soon!

6 months first baby
1 month second baby
4 months third baby.

It really is just alot of luck sometimes! Hopefully you'll be here soon! xx

Every time I've ever had unprotected sex around the time of ovulation I've conceived. But breastfeeding continuously since my first was born has meant I don't ovulate that often.

#1 conceived first cycle TTC. Stopped pill midway through packet, had breakthrough bleed, ovulated, got pregnant.

#2 conceived the first time I ovulated post partum, which was delayed until 12.5 months due to breastfeeding hormones.

#3 conceived first cycle trying. Had one post partum period at 15 months, which kinda crept up on me and didn't DTD when I'd have needed to to get pregnant. Knew to TTC the next month. Ended in miscarriage.

#4 conceived first ovulation post miscarriage which was 61 days after ERCP.

I'd recommend learning all about cervical mucus, using OPK's and charting your temp to make sure are ovulating and DTD at the right time.

It took us 7 months. We were both also starting to worry and never thought it would happen. It was like 'oh for goodness sake' every month, especially when we had done everything right!

It's a cliche but hang in there, I'm sure you will get your bfp.

Good luck.

X

18 days... Guess I'm one of the lucky ones! I conceived first cycle after stopping the pill. We only dtd once without a condom and I wasn't using OPK or charting... panicked after having a miscarriage at the start of the year and took the morning after pill... and still managed to get pregnant! Obviously it was meant to be!

3 months, 5 months, 4 months. Fairly consistent here and I suspect 'average'. But those months were all perfect timing and like a science project lol! No idea how people manage it when they just drop the contraception and 'see what happens'!!

It's taken us 5.5 very long years, 3 Iui and 1 ivf to be here. I still really can't believe it! Praying baby is ok and we get good news at our scan on Xmas eve.

Xxx

1 year of trying with my son and only 1 month of NTNP this round. I was more shocked with #2 than my first time getting pregnant!

My personal experience is that it's just luck/fate and not to stress out or it makes if worse. And yes, I completely agree it's impossible to not stress out! Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->