How long were you TTC??

1st time trying for all 3 pregnancies! I don't think that's usual though.

4 years! 3.5 to get pregnant with 1st sadly ended in miscarriage, then 7 months for the next pregnancy then another miscarriage and now im finally pregnant again fingers crossed this is our rainbow baby xxxxxx

Came off bc pill and got bfp 13 weeks later :) I know it's easy for me to say but I honestly think it was because I didn't think about it and we didn't really change anything just carried on as normal xxx good luck Hun hope u get ur bfp soon xx

5 months isn't long at all. It took me 3 years with lots and lots of medical treatments to get pregnant with my first. However, if you feel there is a problem, get checked out. After 6 months I suspected I had a problem and it turned out I did.

With DD it took three years of losses and investigations resulting in a place on the IVF waiting list. She was our little natural miracle.
This time it was about 1 month of NTNP. Our second little miracle!

Took 9 months first time but sadly lost that one then 20 months for this one and really hoping its my rainbow the month i got bfp was the first month we tried preseed in over a year so highly recommend gl

3 years for first pregnancy which ended in miscarriage and then a further 9/10 months for this one. I have PCOS and endometriosis though, 5 months isn't anything to be concerned about yet even if it does feel like a lifetime.

25 months with my first and 1 month with my second.
I had a chemical pregnancy after 21 months of trying with my first when it got to the 25th month we said it was going to be that last time we try if nothing happened we were going to go straight to a fertility clinic as my doctor would not help us.
I charted, used ovulation tests and used conceive plus lube, I was due on on my birthday so never thought I'd be lucky enough to get a :bfp: for my birthday. 3 days before my birthday I finally got a lovely strong :bfp:

10.5 months, 8th cycle (irregular cycles) 1st baby, 1st cycle this time, which was a shock!

We feel extremely lucky and blessed, we used an ovulation predictor test one time and it happened for us, as I am 34 I was expecting it to take much longer, I'm praying all continues to go well. Wishing everyone a happy and health 9 months!

Okay so this is going to be my 5th cycle, and I know that all the web sites say, it can take up to a year to conceive, but I don't know if I can take a year of TTW's, I am already getting worried about my fertility! I was just wondering how long it took you successful guys! and if you had any tips to speed things up??

It took us 6 months, I thought it really wasn't going to happen. We got worried and was thinking about going to the doctors to make sure we were both okay.
On the sixth month it worked :D

Goodluck!! :hugs:

I'm not infertile by any means, and it's unexplained why it took 18 months for my OH and I to conceive our first. Our second was a surprise, as we conceived when our first was 8 months old. Our third is a bigger surprise, as we conceived when our second was 2 months old. haha. It's worth every moment of the wait.

With my first, we TTC and used all the different methods, timing, charting, putting everything on a calendar, right down to scheduling sex so we could try every day, every other day, multiple times a day, 3 days a week, etc. One month, we gave up and decided to take a break. BAM! Pregnant. I think it was the stress of TTC that was stopping it from happening for me, honestly.

And in regards to timing,... with my first, we were DTD once a day. With my second, we DTD once that month and not even during my fertile week. With my third, we DTD a few times a day during my fertile week (I was on the pill, so it shouldn't have been my fertile week... lol) So I wouldn't bother going that crazy with TTC and trying to DTD on certain days. Take a break and have fun! Forget about it for awhile! It will happen when it's your time, and if it doesn't, make sure you've given it enough time to happen naturally because the risks are higher if you are on drugs/medications for fertility, since it can make your body release an unhealthy egg when it normally wouldn't bother.

With my son: 1 month trying.

With my first MC: 1 month trying.

With my second MC: 7 months trying.

With this pregnancy: 1 month trying.

So first child came easily, technically I've been trying to conceive #2 for a year now. PRAYING THIS ONE IS A STICKY! <3

It too me about 5 month to conceive my eldest who is now 6,
this time we had been trying for 4 years, we had booked in with fertility clinic and was meant to be starting drugs for icsi in Jan! So this is our suprise miracle baby!! X

It took us 5 long hard years, After 2 years infertility investigations were done and I have pretty bad PCOS. I had 9 cycles of clomid that resulted in one chemical pregnancy.
We had our first IVF cycle in september and was very lucky to get our BFP!

Hang in there, I know those months and the negatives are hard, but you will get there!!!

Sending lots of babydust

This pregnancy (my first) was a bit of a surprise as I was on bcps but I did not take them properly the month that I conceived. I ran out and due to the timing of my next Dr. appointment I started my pack 5 days late. We didn't use backup protection as we had been in the mindset that if I did get pg we would be fine with it, but not at a point where we were ready to actively try.

I should have known that I would conceive easily as my mum had me on bcps, and my sister after vasectomy :dohh: and with 28 first cousins, we are a very fertile family lol!

It took me 6 cycles to get pregnant with my non sticky bean and then another 7 cycles to get this baby!

I typically get pregnant within 3-4 months of a miscarriage or live birth but I've also had two 6 month waits, a 7 month wait, and an 8 month wait. DH and I ntnp so it happens when it happens for us but I've used opks to track ovulation and luteal phase too. (I did it to rule out luteal phase defect as a cause for my history of recurrent miscarriage.) As others said, using an app like Fertility Friend can help, tracking your body temp, and using opks is what you can do at home. You can also buy a lubricant called PreSeed (I've seen it at Walmart) that's supposed to help with TTC.

I've also heard things like taking cough syrup or Mucinex during ovulation can help thin mucus and make it easier for your partners swimmers to get to where they need to go. Eating pineapple during ov is supposed to help too but can't remember what it does.

:thumbup: Thanks for all the tips! Hopefully 2014 will be my year. Think the start of next year I will get the thermometer out, buy some pre-seed, put some hard work in, and keep my fingers crossed.

interesting about the cough syrup, never heard that before, maybe if all else fails I'll give it a try!

I was TTC with an ex for 2 years with no pregnancies.

Accidentally got pregnant with my OH on our first month together which ended in MC. We then TTC/NTNP for 9 months and got pregnant with our son. I am now in the very early stages of pregnancy with #2 after 4 months of NTNP :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->