How long would you wait?

rotts05

Reaction score
Hi, I posted not long ago asking about first AF after a miscarriage.

I had a mc at 8 weeks 14 weeks ago, 5 weeks ago I got what I thought could have been my first af, but it resulted in nothing more than spotting on and off for 2 days then about 3 weeks ago I had one day of spotting (again on and off).

Would you take it that I have had my first af or not? I always have very regular cycles and they are quite heavy so if I have had af it was very atypical. Im desperate to TTC again and the wait is killing me!

How much longer would you wait before seeing a doctor? My mc was natural and I have had plenty of BFN since.

Hi hon, to be honest, it doesn't sound like you had your first AF to me. Take a look at this website. It describes what your first AF should and shouldn't be: https://www.pregnancyloss.info/first_period.htm

Have you had a scan by your doctor? They should be able to see if you have any remaining tissue. You should also have your hcg levels monitored. If they aren't going down then you may have retained tissue and your body still thinks it is pregnant. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I would call a doctor right away so that you can ease your mind and start ttc as soon as possible.

Hmm, I personally would have assumed that was the first af but only because my doctor told me how weird those first af can be. Mind you, I didn't have a mc (mine was a tfmr at 18 wks) so perhaps that makes a difference? Either way, I reckon heart tree has a good point and maybe it's worth getting checked out just in case there is some retained tissue. I know how hard it is when you just want to start ttc again but, as my doctor pointed out, its sometimes better to wait and give yourself the best possible chance of a happy outcome x

Thanks. I had an internal scan when I was at EPU when we discovered the mc and I was told that my uterus appeared to have totally emptied so I didn't need anymore treatment.
I think I will give the doctors a ring and just see what they think, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->