How long?

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
How long should Alex be feeding for?
Atm it varies from 10-20 mins.

It's totally individual depending on the baby. Kaya used to always take 45 mins to feed, but my sister's LO only ever took 10 mins.

Aaron used to take between an hour and an hour and a half, but I think that was partly because he had a bad latch and wasn't actually getting much! Some babies are just good at getting the milk out quicker.

Like the girls sais it really varies. That's a smashing start though! He may have got the nack quite quickly but also him tummy is only teeny so dont fret on times too much :)

When jack was a newborn he fed every for 10-20 mins every hour hour and a half x sounds like a fab start x

dont worry about times, just as long as hes having plenty of wet nappies and is alert its fine :)

Grace fed for about 20 mins at a time for the first few weeks. Like milkmachine said, as long as he has wet nappies he's fine. Great start hun!! xx

dont worry about times, just as long as hes having plenty of wet nappies and is alert its fine :)

Totally agree really don't worry about times hon all babies are different, but Fred has always fed for 10-20 mins xx well done x

I already told you this but Ly has always fed for 10 mins at a time
xxxx

I remember my midwife telling me a 20 minute feed was a very good feed. My daughter used to do about 15 minutes each side. I advise putting your feet up at feed times in front of corrie or something. Sky + was a godsend for me lol! It did get quicker for us as my daughter grows and gets stronger. :hugs: hope it's all going well

Ada fed at 10 minutes in the beginning and is now down to 5 minutes--if even that. She's also in the 95% for weight--so I know she's getting plenty.

Jack usually feeds for about 20 minutes, but some feeds are longer, others shorter. All babies go at their own pace :D

On average, Phoenix feeds for about 10-15 minutes. Sometimes he goes only 5 minutes, but I know he's getting plenty since he's not even a month yet but already wearing 3 month sleepers!

Great thread :D I was worried DD only feeds 5 to 15 mins at a min 20 the most and I was worried but seeing all the responses I know it's normal and ok...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->