How long?

blueeyedgirl1

PALTTTCAL!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I, very naively, thought that my cycle would return to normal after first AF following my loss. All the research I'd read said I'd be more fertile and more likely to conceive and this really got my hopes up - how wrong I was!

How wrong I was! I don't temp so I can't say anything on that front but I'm now CD13 and my cervix is very low, soft and open, I've got mild cramping/discomfort, my skin's breaking out and I've got the hormonal headaches I usually get when AF starts. I've hardly got any CM and when DTD I'm dry as a bone.

*sigh* My cycles are normally 29-31 days long and I'd be having EWCM by now and a rising cervix but obviously I'm a long way off that.

How long did it take everyone for your cycle to return back to normal?

First of all hun :hugs: sorry for your loss

I've heard that sometimes after MC your cm dries up. Have you taken any vits/sups ect to increase your CM at all? Also after a MC your cycles change so its possible you will never have a 29-31dy cycle again (mine used to be around 34dys)

My 1st cycle was 49dys, 2nd 52dys and 3rd (thanks to soya isoflavones) 32dys and finally 4th (again thanks to soya isoflavones)28dys :happydance: Still not sure if my body is completely back to normal but I think its getting there.

Do you use OPKs at all? I don't temp so use them instead and find they work really well and are quite cheap :thumbup:

So sorry for your loss. I want to offer some encouragement that your cycle might not be as crazy as you think. I chart my temps and after 4 m/c I know that my cycle has been affected, I am ov'ing a few days later than before but when I look at my temps, they are definitely showing a similar curve to before we started ttc. Does that make sense? The shape of my charts is the same as before even if it has changed in length a little bit, and has less obvious temp rises. The general, overview of my chart looks very similar.

Hoping that you begin to feel like you understand your body again soon, and that you can get your sticky little bean in the very near future x

Thanks everyone. Just angry at myself that I've been naive about everything being like it was before.

Fooled_heart, what supplements do you know of to increase CM?

I feel almost as if I'm cruising for AF already. It's only CD13! I'm pigging out on chocolate, face is breaking out, the cramps feel suspicious, cervix is low...I don't know, seems a bit weird.

I certainly hope not, I bled so heavily during the last one I thought I was going to need a transfusion! (ok, not quite, but you get my drift!)

I totally agree with you. I thought I would be the same I always ovulated on CD 15 and had a 28 day cycle but I still have no peak on CBFM or +OPK. I'm gutted I don't think I'm gona ovulate this month and I'm scaring myself.

Hi ladies

Blueeyedgirl1, I'm sorry for your pain and loss. I'm stressing about the differences pre and post m/c too; I miscarried at 12 weeks on November 21st and was also holding on to that hope that I'd be more fertile upon recovery, fool that I am. The length of my cycle recovered to its normal pattern pretty quickly, which surprised me after such a late miscarriage. However, I have just ovulated for the 3rd time since the m/c and only on the first one of those did I see any evidence of ewcm - the 2 most recent ovulations it seems to me to have been absent. It's troubling me, especially as I'm taking vitex agnus castus from my herbalist, epo, grapefruit juice and robitussin, so why no ewcm?!!! Does anyone know if stressing too much about these things (how can you not?) can have a negative impact on cm? Not sure what else I can do :-(

Hi Blue,
The sups/things I know of to increase cm are:
evening primrose vits (up to 2000mg a day),
pure grapefuit juice,
green tea,
Drinking lots of water,
Cough syrup (the ones with Guaifenesin as main ingredient)

If all of the above doesn't seem to work you could always use a conception lube which mimics EWCM like preseed or concieve plus
https://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=pre-seed&_frs=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m359
https://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=conceive+plus&_frs=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m359

GL hun :hugs:

Thanks everyone. Whilst it's horrible what we're all going through, it helps me so much to know I'm not alone.
*hugs everyone*
I'll keep peeing on my OPK sticks, just to see what's going on I guess. Spoomie, interesting to read you're ovulating without EWCM! But I can see why maybe, my CM's all but dried up this cycle. Whereas I did actually ovulate between MC and first AF! So if I've ovulated once, why am I not doing it again?! Arrgghh!!
Only time will tell, I guess...but damn, I hate waiting.

Well, I think I'm finally getting towards ovulation. CM is turning clearer and more EWCM-like and my OPK was a bit darker today.

What a bloody rollercoaster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->