How Long?

Waiting4Bump

Reaction score
Sorry, this is copied from General Chatter!

How lond fid you all stay in hospital after the birth of your first baby?

Ok, so I know I'm not even pregnant yet, but I'm really curious. I hate hospitals and feel really uncomfortable in them, and even the thought sends shivers up my spine LOL So I want to prepare myself WELL in advance :rofl:

It doesn't matter about the type of birth..I want to prepare for all possiblities LOL

xx

oooh good thread i'll keep an eye on this =] Im really not wanting to stay in hospital over nite, my whishful plan is to have him early in the morning and then go home that evening hehe!!

Wish you all the luck, hope you get your BFP soon =] xxxx

Thanks hun..I think that would be my ideal stay as well..Go in about 3-5am and then have a sleep in the afternoon, and go home about 6pm! In time to get as comfy as possible, and have an evening on the sofa LOL! :rofl:

Thanks hun..I think that would be my ideal stay as well..Go in about 3-5am and then have a sleep in the afternoon, and go home about 6pm! In time to get as comfy as possible, and have an evening on the sofa LOL! :rofl:

Evening on the sofa?! With a newborn baby at home?! You should be so lucky!

We stayed in for 5 days as I was keen to get all the support I could from the midwives on breastfeeding. It was really great just to be able to push a buzzer and get someone to help you with the simple tasks such as sitting up or changing a nappy, especially if you are in pain with stitches, etc. Overall, it was enjoyable and nice to talk to other new mums too. I understand why some mums want to get home straight away though. I suppose it just depends on the individual.

Good luck getting your BFP. xx

hi. i had my baby at 8.20 at night and was in the ward at 11pm. obviously stayed in over night but was gone by lunch the next day.

i had a traumatic birth (21 hours) assisted delivery in theatre in the end, all went a bit pear shape. had cather put in but when they took it out you have to do 3 wee's and then your free. i had lost alot of blood but wanted to get home. they thougth it would be a good idea for me to stay in, but i didnt want to. its your call? just make sure there is alot of help at home. your tiered, sore, and emotional, and if like me have no idea what your doing.

good luck and keep us all posted on your journey

I had Hannah at 1845 Friday night, was on the ward around 11pm and left on Mondat lunchtime. We could have left sooner but Hannah struggled with BF initially so stayed in to get support in getting it established.

I went into hospital at 2.30pm on a saturday, had nicole at 10pm and didnt come home until the wednesday tea time. Nicole wasnt well so had no choice but to stay in. Mind you i had callum at 3.30am on the sunday morning and was home by teatime that night and i swear i would never do that again, i was so stupid to want to come straight home after i'd had an epi. i really should have stayed in atleast one night to get some proper rest.

I went in Saturday Afternoon. Didn't come home till Tuesday or wednesday ?? I really dont remember! I hated every second of it. The nurses weren't helpful, my OH would have looked after me much better

well even after 40 hours of labour and emergency c-section i was out within 24hours. Started labouring sunday night, went in monday 11am, come home 6pm monday night, went back 5am tues, had c-section 3.30 tuesday afternoon, and home by 6pm wed night, i was discharged at 2pm wed but had to wait for some meds (needed injections at home) it was amazing really as of c-section i should of stayed longer as i had a haermorrage (sp) and infection but thats our hospital really and i wanted to be at home with my princess and james, that all said i would still do it all again :cloud9: x

Went in Tuesday evening around 6 or 7, had her the next morning at 10:18, and had to stay until Friday at 4 because my waters had broken more than 24 hours prior and they had to keep Hannah in to check for infection! Although they told me I could leave I told them no :rofl:

Went in 6pm on Wednesday, left just after dinner time on Sunday. So, 4 days.
We could have went home Friday (he was born Thursday), but silly mommy had to bleed profusely during the csection and have a blood transfusion :dohh: So, they had to monitor me and keep taking my blood pressure over and over, laying, sitting, standing.. it was a pain in the arse!

I went into Hospital Monday night, Jasper was born Wednesday night and got out Saturday midday :(

It was a long time in hospital, but I wasn't in any hurry to go home. I'd had a c-section and I was still in quite a lot of pain. I wouldn't have minded if they'd wanted to keep me for another night or two, as I was in a lot more pain when I got home, from having to move around more.

I had to stay overnight. The reason was that my waters had been gone more than 30 hours so my baby had to have his temperature monitored for 12 hours in case if infection. As the paediatrician didn't do first checks until 7pm I was stuck in, even though Byron was born in the morning.

With my first, a vaginal birth with epidural 2 days, with my 2nd csection 2days with my 3rd VBAC with epidural 24hrs, I would have gone home within a few hours hd I not wanted him circumsized

Over 48 hours after vaginal birth. I had her on Friday at 4 a.m. and was home on Sunday morning.

I went in Sat night, and came home Tues afternoon, although I wish I had been able to stay longer because I still felt so sick and dizzy all the time. We ended up sleeping on the couch for the first week because I was afraid to go up the stairs in case I tripped or fell.

2 days because I had strep B and they had to watch that nothing developed with Helena. I also had a bad assisted labour, etc, etc but the stay wasn't too bad for me. It was horrible for the OH though. I still laugh about the state he was in those 2 nights.

I had a planned c-section lasst Thursday, Oliver was born at 10.13 and i was discharged on Friday at 1pm.

I was happier being at home anyway :)

I went to the birth centre at 6am tuesday morning if everything had of gone well he would of been born at 12pm and would of been home by 4pm that afternoon but after 4 hours of pushing I was transfered to another hospital and he was born at 5.44pm by assisted delivery. They made me stay until 12pm the next day but didnt get away until 2 by the time they give me my mmr injection. If you get a straightforward delivery at that hospital your allowed home after 6 hours as long as your both ok. It was nice to be looked after but I would of prefered to have been at home, I would of got alot more rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->