How many antibiotics is too many?

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
I had a course of amoxicillin during week 8 of pregnancy to treat a chest infection.

I'm now 15wks & I have a gum abscess- which I'm pretty sure I will need more antibiotics for.

Is it ok to take courses of antibiotics so close together in pregnancy??

I don't think there is anything else they can do for an abscess in pregnancy 😭

I was on antibiotics from week 22 to week 34 of my last pregnancy with no repercussions. I did take probiotics to counter some of the effects on the body.

I'd say you're definitely better taking them than not! An abscess left untreated can lead to infection getting into your bloodstream which is very serious. In fact, I'd say leaving ANY infection untreated poses more risks than taking doctor-ordered antibiotics.
Hope you feel better soon xxxxxx :hugs:

Well the dentist can't see me until Thursday, but said they will perform a root canal & antibiotics. I didn't think they could do a root canal during pregnancy. Fun times ahead 😭

good luck!
I had to have a cavity filled last pregnancy as I was in so much pain I couldn't eat or drink anything. I wanted badly to wait but couldn't go any longer.

Did they offer you any safe pain relief for the procedure?

I'm pretty sure they did and I declined. Just a local is what they were going to do.

I was just reading a thread on dentist surgeries while pregnant. While they can't knock you out they can give you an injection for a local which is completely safe for you & baby.
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...er/2407471-broken-tooth-during-pregnancy.html
But I would absolutely be getting some probiotics if I were taking even 1 round of antibiotics. You're doctor should be advising this for you wach time you take antibiotics to avoid thrush or uti's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->