How many BFs at 3 months?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
My son doesnt seem that interested at the mo and it worries me because he's only 14 weeks. He'll go ages in the day before I persuade him to eat, and even then he doesnt seem that fussed. He's just gone 6 hours...

Is he well rested? My baby will only eat if he's well rested or after naps. He's 11 weeks but not sure how many times he eats in one day. He's all over the place. Before I figured this out he would sometimes go 5-6 hours without eating during the day.

I'm having the same issue (my LO is 3.5 months) at the moment. She seems to go a long time during the day without a feed and refuses/cries if I offer it. She hasn't gone 6 hours, but has gone 4-5 regularly. 6 hours does seem a long time.

I have counted, and she usually does 5 breast feeds during the day and 1 (maybe 2) at night. I was worried that she wasn't getting enough, but she was weighed the other day, and has gained fine, so my HV said she is probably getting more efficient at feeding and isn't hungry. Is your LO gaining ok?

Have you tried a really quiet dark room for feeds? Sometimes they get to interested in the world to want to stop to eat. After a few annoying weeks where you can't NIP without them popping off to look at anything and everything, they seem to be able to process listening while nursing and don't have to check out every little noise!

My five month old still doesn't stick to a feeding schedule, sometimes she will go a long time between feeds and at others she will want it all the time.
She did start getting distracted around four months, it is annoying her keep pulling off to look around. A quiet dark room may help. If they are getting plenty of wet nappies, gaining weight well then maybe they just aren't big eaters. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->