How many bottles per day for your 7 - 9 month old??

sandilion

Reaction score
So i was advised by my maternal child nurse that I am feeding LO way too much formula, as i was feeding him on demand (every 2 hours) as I have recently stopped BF so wasn't away that FF is a completely different ball game!

She advised me he is meant to have 200ml 3 times a day. So i cut him back today, but he still needed another bottle before bed.... so he had 4 bottles today. All of them spaced to 4 hours apart.

Does 3 bottles a day sound right to you all? Or is it ok if i give him 4? My baby was prem and has always been a very hungry baby boy as he is always catching up... so i really feel he will be needing that 4th bottle. She advised me to no longer give him feeds during the night as well ... and to offer water if he wakes (i can't see this going down well at all!)

What are you all doing with your 7 8 or 9 month old babies?? Also what time in the day do you give your LO's their first bottle??? And what time to do you give them their last??

Cheers! xx

Hun every single baby is different if your baby needs 4 then give him 4. my baby has 4 bottles of 7 ounces per day and is on solids and she is gaining very well and not fast at all she is currently 21 lbs. but her start weight was 9.5 but she hasnt gained that much over the last few months give your baby what they need. my daughter was also bf up until 6 months old. formula fills there needs abit different than bm so i can see why he would need more x x

and omg DO NOT just offer him water if he wakes. if he is waking and having a good amount from his bottle then he still needs his bottle. i hate that they expect every baby to be at a certian leel by a certian age its rubbish. my daughter stil drank a full bottle at 3 am until almost 7 months old and she stopped now on her own accord.. your the mother u know ur child x

also first bottle is at 8am then next one is at 10 or 11 . then she has a nother nap .. i listened to my hv once who told me to cut out a bottle no matter how much solid i gave her she still wanted tht bottle and all it did was stress me andher out 8pm the last bottle. but if she did ever wake for another one id give it to her. she used to have have a 8am bottle 3 am bottle 6am bottle 9 am bottle. up until she was almost 7 months old

how is your baby doing on solids x

Once DD2 was on 3 meals a day at 8 months old, she would have 4 bottles. xx

My DD has 4ish bottles. Normally she will have 3 meals a day and a morning 6oz bottle at 7am, 6oz bottle at 11am, 6oz bottle at 3pm and then a bedtime 7oz bottle at 7pm. But she doesnt always finish them. Also at the moment its all up in the air as she has been sick but thats the normal.

how is your baby doing on solids x

Yeah he is a great eater and just a really hungry baby. I just cant see myself cutting off his 4th bottle, its just not really possible with him otherwise he would become very distressed. I told the HV that but she is pretty 'by the book' and closed minded at times so i think ill just do it the way my baby needs.

good for u hun , the thing is they give u this advice but inmind they know its not them that has to deal with the screaming baby! ur doing the right thing `

3 or 4 bottles a day depending my lo.
he also gets 3 meals a day and water in his sippy cup and maybe a snack too.

My son had 3 bottles a day at that age plus water with meals. It went 8 ozs on waking, breakfast at 9 ish, snack at 11ish, lunch at 12.30ish, 8ozs at 3ish, dinner at 5 and 8ozs at 7pm. My daughter is on course to have the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->