How Many Cycles Did It Take You To Catch That Eggie?

4 this time (2nd using a cbfm) and 3 with ds.
Think we'v been really lucky.
Both times i took pregnacare prenatals but thats pretty much it apart from the cbfm for a couple of months

About 5 years ago we went about a year not using protection and I never got pregnant.. Then we decided to get married and used protection because I didn't want to be pregnant for the wedding.

When we tried to get pregnant after the wedding it took 2 cycles. I was so upset after the first cycle, my heart goes out to those LTTTC ladies.

The second time, we were NTNP and I think it was only one cycle - DS was nearly 1yr old and I had only gotten 1 period since before I got pregnant with him. We didn't DTD much that month so I was pretty surprised.

1st BFP took 5 cycles, but we had massive issues with timing (just focused on O day) sadly it ended in MC

2nd BFP: 2nd cycle after MC, also ended in MC

3rd BFP: 1st cycle after MC, this one resulted in DD, who is now 15 weeks :)

I got my first ''postpartum'' AF on April 24th and we decided to TTC again. Just got my BFP at 8dpo, but I ovulated early (so also 1st cycle). Praying for a sticky bean!!

P.S I usually have 28 days cycles, with O on day 14

We were extremely lucky and caught first cycle both times. Adamant that contraception will be a priority after this one arrives now though!

36 cycles :flower: we were blessed and extremely lucky to conceive on our first ICSI cycle.

We were in NTNP for about 3 years and nothing happened, so we went to see the doctor, after HSG and a first round of clomid we get our BFP!!.

Got pregnant the first cycle we tried. It ended in a miscarriage, and then it took us five cycles before we got another BFP, not counting the time between the MC and my next AF. (Long cycles--I went very irregular after the MC and those five cycles covered October through May.)

I started talking prenatals and Omega 3 in prep three months before we started trying the first time, and just never stopped.

First time it took us 12 cycles to catch the eggy the first time (ended in CP). It took 15 total cycles to catch it the second time (3 months after the CP). It took us 8 more cycles to catch it the third time (after the miscarriage in August). I had started taking herbs (Maca root and Dong quai) when we caught it the first time (besides temping and taking OPK's). The second time, DH had been taking Fertility Blend for men and Maca root for a month before hand and I was still taking herbs. The third time I took Soy Isoflavones, we got infertility testing done, I got an HSG, DH started up the Fertility Blend for men and Maca root again (which he had been off of since the miscarriage in August) and I was put on Metformin. Not sure what did it the third time, could be a combination of things. But I believe it was all in God's timing :)

Took us 8 cycles. Started using agnus cactus and pregnacare and a month later got pregnant. xx

17 cycles for our first bfp and 1 cycle for our second!, FI and i are very shocked that it happened so quickly this time around =)

It took us 8 cycles to get pregnant but 54 months. Each cycle was with medical assistance.

In previous pregnancies we were NTNP for about 3 cycles each time. This time round we were NTNP and only DTD once during 1st cycle which was negative, and then DTD like crazy during 2nd cycle and I got my BFP

With my first it took us 18 months!

With my 2nd (ended in miscarriage) it took us 1 cycle and the same with baby 3 (DD2).

With this baby we weren't even trying so I guess you count that as first cycle too :shrug:

Always first cycle after periods restart once I stop breastfeeding :) xxx

10 cycles, which was strange for us since in the past we've gotten pregnant on the first!

it took me 1 cycle to conceive #2 and I started taking folic acid 6 months before we started trying, as well as eating a healthier diet and exercising more regularly

I put 1 cycle, as the first was completely unplanned and a huge shock. Then after the MC, I fell pregnant the following month x

Thanks everyone! The results are amazing! I never in a million years would have thought there would be so many "1st Cycles" out there.

:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->