How many different kinds did you try?

flamingpanda

Reaction score
Just wondering if everyone goes through various types before landing on the right one? We started on SMA gold but LO was fussing and windy. The last straw was a few green poos. So everyone told me to try Aptimil Comfort and whilst at first she seemed better the old poo problems returned, with the added fun of projectile vomit. So now we've gone back to SMA but are trying the stay down. So far so good, no sick but of course time will tell on the poo. If this doesn't work we're going back to the doctor again.

Anyone else had a similar experience? Did you ever find a good milk or did your LO just grow out of the problems?

Luckily with my 2 FF DDs the first forumla I tried them on they took really well to. DD2 had Cow and Gate from the start and got on great with and DD3 has had Hipp Orgnaic from the start and absolutely loves her milk! I think its just pot luck with what brand will suit your baby. I would say that most babies will be fine on whatever formula the parents decide to give first, as apart from a couple of ingredients they are all practically the same anyway.
Looking at what you have written have you considered trying Hipp Organic. Your baby wasnt refluxy on the SMA, but was on the Aptamil Comfort so that says to me that its probably that she doesnt get on with Aptamil rather than an actual reflux problem she has. Anti-reflux formulas will probably not help with the constipation as they contain thickeners which will also make her poo thicker. The reason Im suggesting Hipp is because it still contains the added prebiotics (what helps make poo softer) that Aptamil does, but it is known to be a gentler milk that may be easier on the stomach and help to prevent any sicky episodes. xxx

Im on my forth change and my baby is 4 weeks on sunday so far iv found hipp organic to suite my baby lets see how we get on the worst was aptimil baby bad gripe pain and generally was very tearful
Try hipp organic x

We went through 4 different formulas between 2 different brands. The one we stuck with and have been on for 2 months now, she did do the best on, but it wasn't like her issues (mild reflux and bad gas) completely went away on it, it was just the best out of what we tried and her problems where the most minimal on in.

At this point she's mostly outgrown gas and the reflux didn't go away until we started rice cereal.

I started on Sma gold but then switched to cow and gate comfort to help with colic. She then started having problems (which turned out to be GERD) and we tried her on nutramigen but it made her poos disgusting! Now she's on cow and gate anti reflux which is brilliant for the sickness, and just started to give her cow and gate hungry baby at night on advice from hv.

we tried 6 brands (and variations of each brand) b/c son was super fussy and we were searching for something to ease his pain... never got a perfect milk, just stuck with the one that seemed to be less painful for him, but then he was placed on meds for his reflux and we just waited until he got better.

i'm sorry you are having a hard time with it - hope you find the right one soon! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->