How many extra boosters

kglo

Mum of 3 Boys
Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I have brought Bum Genius V3's and pop in's.

I like to be prepared in advance so do you think I need to buy additional boosters for my babies nappy years?

If so how many and what would you suggest or recommend.

I have 25 nappies, BG V3's, Dream Dri Pop Ins and 4 Bamboo pop ins with night boosters.

I use BG v3s and Pop-in bamboos, and I do always boost the BGs now, though I didn't need to when Adam was younger. I add a Little Lamb bamboo booster underneath the microfibre insert, sometimes I fold it in half and place it up front. I don't use the newborn inserts any more, but you could use them both (new BG V3s come with the normal and newborn inserts). I also sometimes boost with hemp (Easy Peasy boosters) if I think the nappy might need to last a lot longer than usual (if we're going out for example).

I don't boost the Pop-in over and above the two snap-in inserts. I do have the night booster but found the whole thing was ridiculously big, so I use it with a Flip wrap during the day. It's a little short but Adam wees all up front so it's ok.

I'd recommend some bamboo boosters and some hemp (very absorbant and very slim). Lots of sites sell them. Little Lambs are cheap. P'tit Dessous are the most prized, from what I've read elsewhere, but they're more expensive. Easy Peasy does good hemp boosters. How many depends on how many nappies you have that might need a booster - I have about 15 altogether, and have never run short, but we don't boost everything, plus we don't use cloth overnight. If we were I'd say that was probably an ok amount, I might actually get a few more. :) You can boost with other stuff in an emergency - a face cloth, for example, or a microfibre cloth, just a regular household one.

looking at what you've brought the v3's come with a newborn booster which can be used in addition to the normal insert and the pop-in you have the dri night booster already - they are the best fit for that brand nappy.

as for additional boosting on top of that - if needed it wouldn't do any harm to get a few easy peasy hemp boosters they're fairly generic and will fit easily in the BG' v3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->