How many kids should I invite?

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
So, my SD 14th birthday is coming up early June... she finally decided she wants to have a BBQ at our house (as it's big and can accommodate lots of kids)-- of course she came to me the other night asking how many kids she could invite... and her list, um, well... it was loooooong! lol. Too long for sure...

I know we have the room for lots of kids- but the more kids, the more we'll have to supervise and there are gonna be boys and girls. I'm thinking, maybe let her invite 6 girls and 6 boys? That way all the girls could stay the night (and she wouldn't have to leave anyone out)- and the boys can just leave at a given time...

Gosh, that still sounds like so many kids... lol. I'm just SUCH a neat freak and the thought of all these teenagers running around my house, honestly, it makes me anxious! lol. But I want her to have a great party... and make up for last year.

On her 13th bday, we invited several girl friends to come over first, then all meet up with other kids and boys and skate world... well... all but ONE friend canceled at the last minute... and she was left with us, her grandparents and one friend for cake and singing. I felt so bad!!! Of course she still had fun skating... but I know she was hurt and disappointed more of her girlfriends didn't show up before hand. So she only had the one girl stay over as well...

I don't want that to happen again... but I'm afraid if I over invite (expecting some will no show)- then we'll have 'House Party 2011" going on!!!! lol.

I know it's silly... but thoughts?

I know it's not a deep question, lol... so I'll just figure it out. Maybe 7girls/7boys so there are some extra in case some don't show... sounds good.

For a BBQ if you have space i would say 20 is a reasonable number

How many did she ask for? I'd probably let around 15 at most!

That sounds so awful RE her last birthday - poor girl!! :(

How many did she ask for? I'd probably let around 15 at most!

That sounds so awful RE her last birthday - poor girl!! :(

Oh, her list was an entire page long, two columns! lol. So about 40+ kids... haha... Just a tad too many... she's got a ton of "friends" at school- she just loves and knows everyone... and some from her old school as well. So I get it, she wants everyone to come... but I'm thinking 15 sounds perfect... enough to make her happy, but not so many I'll go nuts!!! haha. Plus any girls she invites would be welcome to stay over... so... lol.

I just want this year to be great! I was so disappointed for her last year... BUT, she still made the best of it and had fun. I think I felt worse than she did... haha.

Oh for sure... just gonna serve veggies, fruit, hot dogs, hamburgers and cake pops for dessert... hehe. Keep it simple ya know? :)

Thanks for the feedback ladies!

I always had the rule the number of kids equals the years in age :)

That's a great rule!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->