How many meals to give a 1year old?

MummyToAmberx

Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy
Reaction score
How many meals do you give your 1 year old?
When do you give them their meals?

Amber still on bottle morning/night.
Give her 1 main meal a day, sometimes a snack/fruit at teatime, i probably only give her 2 meals a day once a week.
I dont want to overfed her.

When my older kids were that age i think they had cereal or toast for breakfast. Sandwhiches or similar for lunch and then a cooked meal for dinner. In between they would usually have fruit for snacks x

By the age of one they are usually on 3 meals a day
well both of mine were with a morning and night milk

They get most of their Vitamins and minerals from a balanced diet, milk just doesn't do it as they get bigger

Yep three meals a day same as hayley and then snacks of fruit, biscuit raisins and probably some choclate. But still cow's milk morning and night...my two love there milk...but at the age of one its more like a drink for them x

Coltons not that old yet, but I would say 3.. with snacks.
They need food. Just like you would. Thats like you only eating one meal/day. Like KACI said, their milk is more like a drink at that age. They will get almost all their nutrition from their food.

Yeah we were told 3 meals a day at age 1, though my son didn't want that much, he didn't start 3 meals consistantly until about 14mo

Yeah we were told 3 meals a day at age 1, though my son didn't want that much, he didn't start 3 meals consistantly until about 14mo

Some don't my 2 and half year old is a pain in the bum!! Sometimes he'll eat loads other days he'll eat nothing, he knows if he doesn't eat his dinner he gets nothing...they eat if there hungry.

Babies/Toddlers and food are nightmare's!! lol x

Some don't my 2 and half year old is a pain in the bum!! Sometimes he'll eat loads other days he'll eat nothing, he knows if he doesn't eat his dinner he gets nothing...they eat if there hungry.

Babies/Toddlers and food are nightmare's!! lol x

I have a friend with a 3 year old and he wont eat anything. She said he will ask for something, and then only eat 1-2 bites and be done. She said its with every meal, she didn't see how he wasn't loosing weight! I'm dreading when Colton gets like this, because hers used to eat like Colton (a little piggy!)!

Yea i was worried about weight but i check in with My HV and make sure he is not goin off his percentile line and he's not...she said as long as his weight is fine give him the meals and he will eat if he's hungry.

Yep your friends little boy sounds exactly like mine...yesterday he went in the fridge and pointed to egss and said 'eggs' so i said do you want a egg butty he said yes (quite strange as usual he wont touch them ??) Made it and said do you want to try some ....'no i want toast':dohh:

They all tend to go through it at some stage but kieran's stage is just extra long! He won't even try some food...i think its too do with texture's. He won't eat anything with sauce, doesn't eat rice or potatoes loves pasta but just plain or with a little cheese! But i am definatly fed up of chucking food out.

Because of Kieran i have raised Paige differently concerning food in a hope she won't turn out like Kieran *touch wood*

Toby is on 3 meals a day, milk morning and night and other healthy (ish:blush:) snacks too eg a couple of fingers of toast, rice cakes, no added sugar baby biscuits, half a packet of Goodies cheesy puff crisp type things, thin slices of skinned apple, bananas etc, sticks of cheese, sometimes a handful of dry Cheerios in a little bowl....he loves to pick them up:happydance:

Dec is on 3- 4 meals a day, I count his tea as a meal, he always has cereal before bed, he has breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack then cereal before bed, he doesnt get a bottle any more but he does get about 10ozs of milk a day, with yoghurts, cheese, custards, raisins, fruit, breadsticks and toast as snacks, some days he will have an extra treat and have some Quavers or Wotsits or maybe a little packet of choccy buttons.

Daniel is so inconsistant its umbelievable. One day he won't stop eating, even stuff off other peoples plates, the next he will have next to nothing. It's not that he doesn't like it cos I know he does he's just not hungry. I was told that kids this age won't intentionally starve themselves so I'm trying not to worry too much.

I try for three meals with snacks but I also have a bowl of cut fruit or veg in the frige which he will go and get if he's feeling a bit peckish.

I've found food in his pockets and hood before now. I:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->