how many middle names is too many to you

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by ThatGirl, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ThatGirl

ThatGirl Proud mummy to alfie

just wondering?? x

2. nervouspains

nervouspains Love being a Wife & Mummy

My ex had 3, I thought that was quite a few lol- my future babies will have 2 xx

3. sazza

sazza Well-Known Member

I don't know! In our family almost none of us have middle names. I think one is enough really, maybe two at a push. It's really up to the individual though. :)

4. Crailly

Crailly Well-Known Member

I think one or two is fine - after that you may have to start asking why do you want your kid to have that long a name? :laugh2:

For my DH and I, we plan to have just one for the girl (maybe two) and two for the boy - but they are family names, so it made sense.

Picking out names is fun

5. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

I feel 2 is plenty, any more than that is getting a bit much but that is just my opinion. I have no middle name and neither does my son. For some reason no one believes me when i tell them i have no middle name.
    I don't know why my parents chose not to give one to me but with my son we simply found it hard enough to agree on 1 name never mind 2!

6. fifi83

fifi83 Well-Known Member

My son has 2 but we i seem to never use the second one, my daughter only has one, so IMO i think one is enough. x

7. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I think 1 is enough. MY OH doesn't have one at all and I have one. I think it's a great way to put that 'family name' that people want passed on without sticking your kid with a name that you don't like. Its also good for when you just can't decide between two names, so you give them both.