How many months will your doctor prescribe Clomid?

sarahbug31

Reaction score
I have been on Clomid for 3 months with no luck. Waiting to hear back from my doctor today, as my cycle has started yet again.. :(, if she is willing to do another month.

My friend used Clomid to conceive both her kiddos and her doc prescribed for 6 months at a time. Apparently my doc. only likes to prescribe for 3 months at a time.

Really hoping she allows one more month... then having my hubby re-tested (SA) for the second time.

Frustrated.. but hopeful.

Some doctors will prescribe for 3 months some for 6 some for longer, just depends on the doctor, the reason they dont like to prescribe clomid long term is because it thins your uterine lining along with drying out your CM and over time can make it harder to conceive rather then help, so there should always be a break from clomid for at least a few months before starting again, there are alternatives you can try such as femara or tamoxifen that don't interfere with uterine lining and CM also injectable FSH but with injectables the doctor must monitor you via U/S. but also keep in mind the ovaries need a break occasionally. you will respond better to meds if you let your ovaries rest for a cycle. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->