How many of us are planning a home birth?

hypnorm

Reaction score
I had a hospital birth with Ewan but i really want a Home Birth with this one. MW wife seemed to think that there would be no problems.
Be nice to know who else is going down the same route.

as this is my first I am going for a hospital birth but a friend of mine is having a home birth so will let you know how she went on.....her waters broke this morning!!! x

Im going for a hospital birth also as this is also my first and i would probably consider a home birth for my second.

Hello! i am planning on a home birth too. This is my first though, so it really depends on how my pregnancy progresses and how long my labour goes on for, i am hoping with all my heart that i have the birth i want. I am completely sold on a water birth too. I genuinely believe its the way to go, i want my baby to be born in an as relaxed and nuturing environment as possible, i have an image in my head of dimmed lights, soft music, loving hands - all very earthy! fingers crossed x

Would be great if we could have a Home birth section in bnb

I'm planning a home birth. Good idea about a section on it!

im also thinking of a home birth this time wasnt a great experience in hospital for me last time!

Me! Im having a waterbirth at home...if I can find a pool I like that isnt about £300!

im planning a home water birth, with my other two kids i had waterbirths in a midife stand alone unit (so not hosp) and it was fantastic, but this time i woul like to do it at home, and everything be even more relaxed than it was in the previous two births(if that is possible)
but i have to lose weight as my bmi is to high at the mo.. but i can do it ..

carries have u looked on ebay?? they are afraction of the price, and theres are some brand new ones on there, also some used ones that u would just have to buy new inserts for!!

I have but I think im being a bit fussy at the moment...im sure ill change my mind when I work out how much we still need to buy!

Im thinking of the 'La Bassine' made in water pool at the moment. Its very eco friendly and looks quite relaxing and cacooned (sp?)

Me! Im having a waterbirth at home...if I can find a pool I like that isnt about £300!

Did I tell you about the one our midwife team use? It's birth pool in a box. Not sure of the price, as a user I just have to buy the liner but might be worth looking into.

my friend had her little boy yesterday and had one of those pools in a box things. She really enjoyed the experience of having him at home and all went to plan...

I want a home birth this time and spoke to my midwife and she thought it was a great idea.

However i've been getting severe pelvic pain for a few weeks which i think might be SPD so i have got everything crossed that i can still have a home birth. Will ask midwife on wednesday.

This is my first and we are planning a home water birth. Hopefully everything goes the way I hope!

am having a homebirth this time, i would rather walk over broken glass than have my baby in hospital but i know its going to be hard, because i've had a c-section am going to have a fight on my hands, but i know my rights and if i want one there's nothing they can do to stop me and by law they have to send a midwife too me :rofl::rofl:

I haven't actually think about this, but I know it's to early yet, so I do have time to think

its not the law to have u baby in a hospital, its your body your baby your choice. They will prob try and put u off etc

But you can do this, when in labour stay at home, get partner to phone hospital saying u are refusing to go into hospital and u need a midwife round here, and by law they have to send a midwife too you lol

id love a waterbirth too, never even thought about a homebirth, but it seems to keep popping in to my head the last week or so, not sure though as this is my first xxx

I was told yesterday I was not allowed a homebirth, I'm not even allowed to use the birthing centre (which is inside the hospital). This is because I am due with baby #6. I think I'll end up with a homebirth anyway, as my last labour was 15 minutes!

I was told yesterday I was not allowed a homebirth, I'm not even allowed to use the birthing centre (which is inside the hospital). This is because I am due with baby #6. I think I'll end up with a homebirth anyway, as my last labour was 15 minutes!

were ther complications with the others? tell em to get stuffed if you want a homebirth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->