How many of us are planning a home birth?

Hiya chicks,

Another home-birther here too!

Had my son in hospital after a 7 day labour and got so bored and hated all of it so at least if it's another long one I'll be able to do what I like at home!

I was told yesterday I was not allowed a homebirth, I'm not even allowed to use the birthing centre (which is inside the hospital). This is because I am due with baby #6. I think I'll end up with a homebirth anyway, as my last labour was 15 minutes!

were ther complications with the others? tell em to get stuffed if you want a homebirth.

Nope, none. I've had 2 homebirths already, including my last.

I was told yesterday I was not allowed a homebirth, I'm not even allowed to use the birthing centre (which is inside the hospital). This is because I am due with baby #6. I think I'll end up with a homebirth anyway, as my last labour was 15 minutes!

were ther complications with the others? tell em to get stuffed if you want a homebirth.

Why are they saying you're not allowed then? That doesn't make sense!

Well I had to fight for the last one. Apparently, I am more at risk of a post-partum hemorrage, as the uterus doesn't contract as well. The won't even let me use the birthing centre within the hospital, saying I need to have a canula in my hand so they can put me on a drip as soon as the baby is delivered. I'm kinda miffed, I don't have a car, and arranging childcare will be a nightmare. I'll probably end up having no birth partner if I have to go in :(

Hi girls I'm planning a HB aswell. I was quite shocked when my midwife said 'ok' as its my first and I expected to have to put up a fight!!!

My next MW appointment is about 6 wks away and they come to my house to scope it out and discuss HB more in depth. I'm excited but dreading it at the same time :D

Well I had to fight for the last one. Apparently, I am more at risk of a post-partum hemorrage, as the uterus doesn't contract as well. The won't even let me use the birthing centre within the hospital, saying I need to have a canula in my hand so they can put me on a drip as soon as the baby is delivered. I'm kinda miffed, I don't have a car, and arranging childcare will be a nightmare. I'll probably end up having no birth partner if I have to go in :(

Thats a load of rubbish, there's loads of women who have had homebirths with 5, 6, 7 or even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->