How many of you can pronounce this?

MommyGrim

Reaction score
Daenerys?

I absolutely LOVE it for a first name but my mom is worried no one will be able to look at it and pronounce it. I really want to keep the spelling how it is meant to be but I don't want it to be difficult for LO when they get older.

So I wanted to see if any of you could pronounce it correctly. My mom thinks I'm bias since I know how it's pronounced. :shrug:

Kind of like Dan-air-is? It's the name of a character from the Game of Thrones books/TV series.

Day-ne-ris?? That's a guess don't have a clue lol x

What if I left the E out?

Does Danerys look like it's pronounced 'duh-nair-ez'?

I think that's a bit better- though you might still run into D A as in apple nair-ez or run into is versus ez, but I think that its a little harder to mess up/easier to correct with the 2nd spelling.

Hope I made sense!

No, I understand exactly what you mean. That does make a lot of sense.

Dan-er-us? Sorry but I absolutely had no idea how to say that. If you love it though I'd keep it, the people you matter will know how to pronounce it, or you could change the spelling.

i cant pronounce it :( can you explain? Danerys i would figure out to be da-nair-is
is that right? once you've told me though i would remember and it would be all good! i love the way Danerys looks and i like it pronounced is or iss! its so prettyyyyy

ok um it is a girl or boy name because i imagining it on a girly!

It looks like it's pronounced like the words Duh-near-us to me. I like the original spelling--looks pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->