How many of you have been advised on portion sizes?

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
Either before weaning or shortly after?

I have NEVER beem told by HV the sizes of portions she should be getting for her age & Size, and I just wondered how many others were in the same position.

Just like we all have the wrong size portions as adults, I am wondering if we are also being told (or not told) the wrong ones for babies & children.

No, never. I think our babies know better than our HVs about much food they need. (and probably about most other things too, lol)

I'm the same as Claire, I let Aisling dictate how much she eats :D

I let connor decide how much he eats, only time i was told how much to give him is when i was told to start giving him babyrice but after that they havent said anything

I've had no advice on portion size, and it would be particularly relevant to me as Andrew is such a small size.

I just feed him until he either turns his face away, clamps his mouth shut, or (latest trick) leaves his mouth open so that the food drops out again.

I have never had any advice on portions! In fact, my HVs never even gave me advice on weaning! I went and asked and was told how to make up babyrice...which was on the back of the packet!!

Weve had to work it out for ourselves but now I do the same Marleysgirl, just give him food until he turns his head away or wont open his mouth! xxx

I asked my HV this when Morgan was around 8 months.. She checked his weight and said as he was spot on.. just to let him decide.

I wondered this too, apparently LOs tummies are the same size as their fists, gulp!!! my LO is a piggy and will chuff down loads (much more than his chubby fist) anyhow, i keep feeding him until he has decided he has enough, some days though he seems like a bottomless pit!!:blush:

My HV hasn't given me any advice either, she just said to start on baby rice. My HV is pretty rubbish all round really.

I wondered this too, apparently LOs tummies are the same size as their fists, gulp!!! my LO is a piggy and will chuff down loads (much more than his chubby fist) anyhow, i keep feeding him until he has decided he has enough, some days though he seems like a bottomless pit!!:blush:

Ditto! Ilana takes a long time to be full... It confuses the hell out of me.

I was never told either, not from the HV anyway x I ask my sister alot of things x She made her own purees with her youngest & from portions in ice cube trays & gave her 2 ice cubes (melted) which is what I give Finley x he normally lets me know when he's had enough though x

I did get a chart from HiPP which told me how much but Finley didnt think it was enough so I went with what he wanted x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->