• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How many of you have your baby's name picked?

we dont know the sex of our LO yet but we have a name picked out for each gender. Me and my OH have decided on a girls name and i just love it, my OH likes the boys name a bit more than i do, i do like it but i could be swayed on another one. I think we are just waiting to find out the gender and then discuss it again.

We chose our 2 names ages before we even conceived and are 100% decided on them, we are not telling anyone apart from parents and grandparents so they can get used to them. Every time we think of another name it just doesn't come close to our chosen ones. Middle names are chosen too.

I've had names picked out since I was like, 12 lol. Right along with my wedding plans and where I was gonna live :haha:

We have a name for either gender already, just waiting til tomorrow to find out if we get to use the boy or girl one!!!

My son's middle name was picked out a long time before he was even conceived. He is named after my grandfather and OH knew it was really important for me to have Emlyn in his name. He suggested Thomas at about 8 weeks and it stuck. He's been known as Thomas Emlyn since we found out his sex at 18 weeks :D Definitely not changing it, we are very attached to the name and I am especially attached to Emlyn.

Funnily enough I could never think of a girls name, I just knew he would be a boy. My OH liked Lucy Summer for a girl.

we are pretty sure we have picked, it's definatly down to two boy names and two girl names, but I think we have finally settled. As for middle names we can't decide at all!

We had Brieanan Jade for a girl and Marston Kennar for a boy...and then all of a sudden at about...10 weeks..hubby decide..oh I want a christian middle name..(im agnostic) I was pissed coz I had my heart set on our names..so...we just added the names he wanted..so it would have been Marston Kennar Gabriel....or Brieanan Jade Grace..and we have our little girl so Brieanan it is!

Everyone seems way more organised than I am :nope:

So how many of you already have it picked out? Prior to 20 week scan we had a definite girls name and a almost definite boys name.
Are you 100% sure your not going to change your mind? Since finding out we're having a boy I've been thinking about a different boys name that I love just as much as the original.
Do you think its easier to choose a boys or girls name? For us a girls name was easier. Did your OH help you pick? I chose the girls name and he chose the original boys name but now I've thought of a different boys name.
How many (if any) middle names are you planning on using? We've always had a definite boys middle name. We will be using my Dads name. I think one is enough.

yep name picked no we wont change our mind i like boys names more :) and 2 middle names;

joel frederic robert ... out last name (french name so french pronunciation of middle names)

So how many of you already have it picked out?
Are you 100% sure your not going to change your mind?
Do you think its easier to choose a boys or girls name?
Did your OH help you pick?
How many (if any) middle names are you planning on using?

- no, we're nowhere close, but if it was up to me we'd be naming him Luke. we won't be as OH hates it :dohh:
- I don't think it'd be easier if we were having a girl, I never seriously thought we would be so we have never discussed girl names, just boy ones, since I've been pregnant
- he will. that is, he'll veto my choices. the way we're going our son will get a compromise name that we both like but neither of us love, unless we find something that just clicks in the next 4 months
- probably just one. possibly my dad's name, David, or another family name, Duncan

We have a boy and girl name picked out, Rylee Anne OR Carter Matthew (Matthew is FOB first name) I think we are 100% on the boy name, but im not too sure about Rylee I love it, and Anne is his fam tradition soooo were keeping that!
I think the boy name is easier, because frankly boys dont care as much as girls do about there names! OH picked the boy name actually, I was very happy when he found it, and I had to get him to like Rylee..
Just one middle name for us, even though I have TWO :)

We thought we had names years ago for each sex buuuut they have completely changed. We are having a girl, although I have this nagging feeling I must be prepared incase it's wrong. We have decided on the name and had a few picked out before gender scan then on the way home from the scan we both just knew the one it would be. We chose it together and both love it and refer to her as it all the time, so it would be really odd if that wasn't to become her name. She'll have one middle name too. No significance though, just a name we both like.

Sad to say that DH and I had names picked out almost 6 months before we got our BFP!:thumbup::blush::haha:

We've had names picked out for years!

Just asking because I'm fast approaching 3rd tri and I still can't narrow down my long list :haha: Choosing Elena's name was so much easier!

Thanks ladies :flower:

I started looking at baby-names as soon as i found out we were pregnant (in fact, i kinda started mulling it over while we were TTC :winkwink: lol).

I had loads on my list but only a short few that OH likes, so that's narrowed things down considerably! :growlmad:

We've chosen 3 names each for boy and girl, ie. 1st name and 2 middle names... simply b/c OH refuses to have more than 1 child for financial reasons so im using all our favourite names for the one bubba. :wacko:

We'd come to our final names decision by the time i was about 10 wks! :blush: But i do sometimes think, 'eeek have we chosen right?.. is such-n-such a better name? etc'

TBH the 2 middle names for boy & girl are pretty solid, i just question whether we've chosen the best possible 1st names.. but every time i try looking for different ones we keep coming back to our original choice.

I wasnt gonna say the names but what the hey.. here goes:-

For a boy we've chosen: Brody Rocco Shay (surname Lawlor)
For a girl we've chosen: Alanah Eden Hope (obv' surname Lawlor again lol)

We've been cosidering just going with the 2nd and 3rd boy names as 1st and 2nd, but not sure. :dohh: Arrgghh! This naming game is soooo hard! xxxx

We are naming our son Douglas Owen. We are calling him Owen!

If we conceived a girl we were going to name her Brinkley Addison.

I don't know what we're having yet ... but, if it's a girl, I have the name totally picked out. I haven't told by hubby yet but, he'll have to agree!! The middle name will be my grandma's.

I have a boy - and found that picking his name was soooo much easier!!

We had pretty much decided with either Charlie or Jack for a boy (because we were adament it was a boy!) and then David Thomas as middles names after my gramps and PH Dad.

But so it goes, we are having a girl! We are both very keen on Sophie and i would be surprised if she isn't name that but my OH doesn't want to set anything in stone as he knows i will tell people and he wants to keep it a surprise for people when she arrives! Can't think of a definite middle name yet though :(

With our first, we picked out a few girls names easily, Anna was our favourite girls name and that is our daughter now. We came up with names around 6 months.

We struggled with boys names first time round!

This time, we have talked about it a few times and not really got anywhere!

We dont feel need for middle names.:flower:

we only just decided on our 3rd daughters name like 3 days ago... im 98% sure i wont change my mind, but there are 3 other names i still secretly love lol. we'll be using 1 or 2 middle names. its definitely easier picking a boys name imo!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"