How many of you who already have a baby are worried about a difficult birth/pregnancy

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Apart from a few weeks of headaches, I generally had a good pregnancy with Tristan.

My labour itself was ok (albeit long - nearly30 hours active labour). The one thing that I found difficult was that after he was born, my placenta did not come away on its own and I had to go into theatre to have it manually removed (basically, the doctor sticks a hand 'up there' to pull it out). I am now scared that something like this could happen again as:

1) If you have had it before, you apparantely have an increased chance of it happening again.

and

2) If it is not managed properly, it can be potentially quite serious due to haemorraging (sp?)

Are any of you who are WTTC worried about a difficult pregnancy or labour due to past experiences?

xxx

I think had I ended up going to theatre for my placenta I may think differently but as the dr eventually managed to get it out with gas and air then it doesn't worry me so much.
If it does happen again then I know I will be requesting the dr straight away and not spending 3 hours waiting with various midwives trying to pull it out. I also will not have the injection again if it doesn't come out on its own, it just made me have really painful cramps for no reason.

This post said clearly for WTT for number 2 or more. So why oh why did I read it, shitting myself now :rofl:

I had a terrible birth. Ended up with an emergency c section. I dont think I could go through all that again and end up in theatre anyway. I think im going to go for a planned section next time even though I was really upset that I didnt 'give birth' to her.

Ive wondered about the pregnancy... I didnt gain alot of weight, I didnt have morning sickness etc... I did have pre-eclampsia near the end and low fluid levels... but it turned out alright.

I had an alright labour, long and for some reason jasmine had trouble breathing and needed rescusitation, but that was more due to the bp issues....

I dunno... im hoping I have a smooth pregnancy and easy labour haha. I am hoping to do it without the rpidural next time, but we'll see!

i had 4 hr labour with my first and emergency c section with my 2nd. you never know what labour and pregnancy will be th next time round as much as you dont the first time round.
next time i'll have planned c section
x

I had a great pregnancy as well, but a bad labor and an emergency c-section. I do not want to go through that again. This time around I will do everything I can and insist my midwife do the same before we go to the hospital. I am only more determined to have a homebirth this time around than I was with Brenn.

Pregnancy I was fine--no major problems though I had MS (well the nausea part at least all day and night) but it wasn't horrid. Labor and delivery though :shock: Don't know that I ever want to go through that again

I am actually looking foward to another shot at labor and haviing the birth I so longed for.

I had a wonderful pregnancy. I'm afraid of having the next cesarean though as this time around I had problems with infections and I'm now over 10 weeks post-op with an open wound still. I spent the first week so ill I couldn't do much for the baby or myself. I was readmitted to hospital for 3 nights without baby when she was 1w2d old. I still don't feel quite right.

I was really lucky, I had a wonderful pregnancy (apart from going into early labour but im pretty sure that wont happen again) and a 3 hour labour. I am worried that I'll have a long labour next time or that something will happen just because I was so lucky first time round but other than that im not too worried at all.

Only thing that really concerns me is the amount of weight i'll put on. I put on 4 stone with Lucy and have only lost 2 so im worried i'll be huge by the time ive had the next one

well i had a pretty rough pregnancy and labour with maddi, but for some mad reason, i can't wait to do it again :dohh: i had sickness throughout the whole 41weeks of my pregnancy, and was in and out of hospital with key-tones (sp) as my fat was burning itself due to the sickness. maddi was also back to back, which meant i had quite a few scary times where her movements decreased. my labour was 40hours - 3cms - ending in emergency c-section as her heart rate was dropping. the hospital were pretty useless, the contraction monitor was broken, i then was discharged 24hours after section with an infection and haemorrhage.

next time i think i will go straight for a planned c-section. and they say that all pregnancies and labours are different, i must have forgotten if it was horrible or not because i can't wait to do it again!!

I had the worst pregnancy in the world. I don't even want to type all the crap I had but if I have to go through that again I will DIE :(

Did i say i was WTT in a year and i bit........i meant 5 years :rofl:

On a serious note, i have enjoyed reading your comments, i think sometimes i think about having a baby so much, theres time i forget about how i got there. Like i have thought about pregnancy and labour but i guess i just think everything will be ok and dont think of all the posibilities.

Did i say i was WTT in a year and i bit........i meant 5 years :rofl:

On a serious note, i have enjoyed reading your comments, i think sometimes i think about having a baby so much, theres time i forget about how i got there. Like i have thought about pregnancy and labour but i guess i just think everything will be ok and dont think of all the posibilities.

The way you've got to look at it is, even the women who go through the most traumatic pregnancies and labours still go on to have more kids! It isn't the wonderful thing you see it be on the TV for the most part but it is a million percent worth it! x

I had a fairly good pregnancy except for my SPD, and its been the same with this one and I am nervous about how I will cope with 2 especially after I have my c-section.

This post said clearly for WTT for number 2 or more. So why oh why did I read it, shitting myself now :rofl:

Oh, no, don't be worried. Sorry, I didn't mean to worry people about labour. Like Toria said, the great majority of people who have a baby want to have another.

For me, my labour, in general, was actually quite good - the hours actually flew by (not for my husband!!!), must be due to the adrenelin or something. I managed to do it all on gas and air (and one shot of morphine after about twenty hours) up until the last three hours when I had an epidural. But that was fine. The only thing I didn't like about my experience was the manual placenta removal thing and I emphasise that this is extremely, extremely rare - like only happens in 5% of labours, or something.

Don't be put off! Pregnancy and labour are amazing experiences and that is why I want to do it all again in the next year or so.:hugs:

xxx

My pregnancy for the most part was good (apart from the appaling MW) until about 30weeks when I went into pre-term labour:shock: Scared the living daylights out of me and DH, so I'm a bit worried about that. They did manage to stop it though. Also the heartburn at the end but that wasn't so bad considering the 50hours of labour and not dilating then they broke my waters and found out he had pooed in me (filthy boy) then 6 painful hours later he was born 8lb 7.5oz. I'm just thankful I didn't tear

The scares that he gave me at the beginning of my pregnancy (spotting, etc) and the traumatic emergency c-section I had after a significant labor were mere cakewalks to what some of these ladies endured. I'm hoping that a scheduled c-section and my wonderful attentive doctors will alleviate my stresses. My doctors were the best thing I did in my pregnancy, and were infinitely patient with me. Overall, the experience for me was very good.

I am definately worried for next time round but I have lots of factors contributing to my fears :( I had pre eclampsia at the end of pregnancy and had to be induced immediately but my fears for next time are so much worse as my baby died (nothing relating to his birth, dont want to worry anyone) I feel I wont ever stop worrying, I'll always find something to diagnose myself with or something I think would be wrong with the baby!! Im really looking forward to being a mummy again just not being pregnant haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->