How many scans did you have/ will you have?

_Vicky_

Mum to twins
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I jsut wanted to get some feedback on how many scans you had (or are expecting) in the latter stages of your pregnancy.

I am 33 weeks sunday and had a scan on tuesday just gone - my next scan isnt until 36 weeks. This seems a really long time away to me, my BP has gone up a touch so am getting weekly checks by the MW so I guess its ok, am I just addicted to scans and assume the MW checks wont be as thorough (have only had one MW check up so far so not really sure what they do) as have had scans every few weeks.

Pregnancy has been fine so far and they are di di so the lowest risk but cant help but want a scan every week lol.

xxxxxxxxxx

I am 25, almost 26, and I go back in in three weeks. I have had scans at every appointment..Not sure why, but whatever..After the next appointment, I go down to every 2 weeks, and she made some flip comment about every 1-2 weeks, just depending, we shall wait and see...What's that??

I had scans every 4 weeks from week 20. After my 32 week scan I just knew I wasn't going to make it to the 36 week one, which was when they were going to decide if I would need a c section. It's a good job I'd prepared myself mentally for the surgery anyway!

Make the most of these last few weeks and have a nice, relaxing Christmas :)

I'm getting scanned every 4 weeks since the 2nd tri. I see my OB every 2 weeks since the 3rd tri.

I got scanned at every appointment (just to check heartbeats) and my appointments were often. Weekly after 30 weeks. Detailed growth scans were done every 4 weeks starting at 20 weeks. So, I ended up having tons of scans which was reassuring.

Good grief!!
We get an NT scan at about 12 weeks, then you can have an anatomy one at 20 weeks, and that's really it. My last pregnancy I did manage to get another one, when my mw took pity on me when they couldn't see the gender at the 20 week one.

I can't believe you all are getting so many scans!! Man, I'm jealous!

Edit:
Ooops! Just saw where this was posted. :dohh: Sorry... forget I was here!

Good grief!!
We get an NT scan at about 12 weeks, then you can have an anatomy one at 20 weeks, and that's really it. My last pregnancy I did manage to get another one, when my mw took pity on me when they couldn't see the gender at the 20 week one.

Edit:

With a singleton they know "it" is growing well based on the size of your stomach. However, with twins, you can't judge off of that and the only way to tell adequate growth is a scan. Also, it can be tricky to distinguish between 2 heartbeats with a doppler which is why I got scans at every appointment--to make sure both hearts were beating.

Good grief!!

Edit:

hahahahha thats tickled me - oohh its another world in multiple land. I somehow dont feel that a MW check up is a 'real' check up - I think as I had to get scanned for a genetic issue at 18 and 22 weeks it feels like I should be getting more now. All in all I have had scans at

6 weeks
13 weeks
16 weeks (they misbooked me for one so did it anyway)
18 weeks (to check for genetic issue)
22 weeks (to check for genetic issue)
28 weeks
32 weeks

hmmmmmmmmmm I am going to call them tomorrow to see if they can squidge me in at 34 weeks ........

I first went to see my obgyn when I was 5 weeks pregnant, and have had scans every 2-3 weeks since then. Next one is on Weds when I'll be 12 weeks - so excited!!

Obgyn mentioned my appt schedule would be every 2-3 weeks until 32 weeks and then weekly after that!

So far it has been about every 2wks. Mostly due to me seeing both an OB and a Peri right now. I wasn't due for a scan at my OB's appt last week but had been spotting, so she did one to help my fears. I have the NT scan on next Monday (28th) and am so nervous!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->