How many weeks are you working till?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Swanny, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

I'm planning on working full time up to 37 weeks taking 1 weeks holiday then starting maternity the week after so 2 weeks before due date.

I've handed in dates to personnel. Just feel like it's AGES away and hope I can still manage to work then cause I really want to take more time off once baby has arrived.

x

2. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

Ideally until 38 weeks, but I have got placenta previa so really I just have to play it by ear.

3. Itsychik

Itsychik Well-Known Member

I live in the Netherlands where maternity leave starts (by law) at 36 weeks :happydance: Can't say I'm upset about that :)

Then I'll have 3 months after LO is born... so 16 weeks leave total!

4. Szaffi

Szaffi Well-Known Member

Last time I was working until week 39. I'm planning the same this time too if things go well. One week is plenty to sit at home and wait for something to happen - and I even went overdue with DD.

5. Kellyx

Kellyx Well-Known Member

29 Weeks. End of Feb. I hate my job. My contract ends in March anyway!

6. Jenren

Jenren Well-Known Member

I'm leaving at 32 weeks x x

7. CeeCee2010

CeeCee2010 Mummy to Jessica xxx

35 weeks and 6 days! Lol I'm really not a massive fan of my job so I'm actually counting down the days until I go :) I'm not going back after mat leave though so it didn't particularly matter when I left.

8. Florabelle

Florabelle Proud mama

I was planning on going through until 34/35 weeks but my boss has told me that she doesn't want me working past 30. I'm a nanny and she's got six children so when it comes to pregnancy I value her advice as she's certainly experienced in that area. She has some concerns as to how well I'll be able to continue doing my job after 30 weeks.
    I'm technically self employed so can start my maternity allowance when I choose. My Hubby and I have decided that I'm not going to put in for it immediately. We'll probably have the first month of living off just his wage and start claiming it thereafter. We'd like to keep the majority of the extra income coming in AFTER the baby is born.
    I also won't be returning to work as my hours were due to be halved in September anyway and so I'd have been looking for something else had our ttc not gone to plan. Due to being self employed, I'm under no contractual obligation to return to work so it's perfect for us.

9. zippy4

zippy4 Well-Known Member

I'm starting mat leave at 37.5 weeks but taking annual leave first so finishing at 33.5 weeks. I couldn't work any longer. I'm already struggling xx

10. Wudluvanuva1

Wudluvanuva1 Mummy to 3 little monkeys

I work night shifts at a home for adults with learning disabilities i think my mat leave officially starts at 37-38 wks but i have a few wks annual leave to use up before that so i'll go about 35 wks i have 2 others to look after so it's fine with me to go earlier i'm looking forward to it x

11. DragonMummy

DragonMummy Well-Known Member

With Harry I worked up to 36 weeks and he came along at 38 weeks.

This time I am having a scheduled section so am planning on starting mat leave a week or so before that but I'll have all my annual leave to use up as well. So hopefully I'll be off about 35 weeks or so. I managed ok before i went off though even though i ws doing shifts. x

12. angel777

angel777 1 angel, pregnant

well with all the time off ive had with this pregnancy i thought it would be best for me to go off asap which is 13th feb(11 weeks b4 baby due) but they owed me 3 weeks holiday so ive been off since monday :) needed to, this back pain gets too much at times!! my job is very manual labour so it was effecting me quite a lot! x

13. nanamoon

nanamoon Well-Known Member

I'm leaving at the end of March at 29 weeks, my job is heavy going (supervisor in a nursery) physical because of the children and stressful with the staff, parents, paperwork etc! Plus my back is already hurting, can't imagine ever lasting past 29 weeks!! I also have a 7 year old who because I work full time, I never get to take to school and do 'mum' things in the week so really looking forward to spending proper time with her before baby!

14. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

I'm going to try and go until 38 weeks but we'll see earliest has to be 37. I'm going to take 10 months off then. I'm a teacher so maternity pay isn't too bad.

15. FierceAngel

FierceAngel Guest

I leave at 31 weeks 2 days on annual leave. My Mat leave starts at 38 weeks x x

16. BlessedTwice

BlessedTwice Had my baby girl April 20

I am working until the day I have the baby :) Just like my last pregnancy, My leave is unpaid so I really can't afford to just sit around the house before the baby comes. I got lucky last time though and went for my dr's appt. on Monday morning before coming to work & they send me on to the hospital! I hope I get lucky like that this time too.

17. LadyofRohan

LadyofRohan Mummy to Éowyn

My last day of work I'll be 37+5. I'm leaving and going to be a SAHM for a few years. I'm so excited :happydance:

18. Spunky

Spunky James' and Juliet's Mama!

My last day will be 36 weeks exactly. We're allowed to go out at 36 weeks and I have just enough sick leave to finish out the school year (teacher). Plus, I'm not going back, so I want to burn all of my sick days before I go. It can't come soon enough. I have really started to hate my job the last year or two due to administration policy changes and attitudes. Can't wait!! 55 working days left! 3 months total.

19. caseyann

caseyann Well-Known Member

I will be working right up till I have the baby.. my work has short term disability but it doesnt kick in for 7 days, so I have to have 5 days stored up of vaca/sick time and then it only pays 60% of my pay which I can compensate with extra vaca/sick time that I have... hoping to be able to do 6 weeks but more likely 4 weeks with the pay issues...

20. MrsPOP

MrsPOP Mummy to Alice

I'm finishing at 36 weeks and taking 9 months off. I wanted to work till 38 weeks but had my meeting yesterday and they quite rightly said considering the job I'm doing (doctor working in busy A&E from April for a short term placement) I probably won't be able to cope. I'm glad anyway, because my mum has been diagnosed with cancer so all the time I have with her is precious.