• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

How many weeks are you working till?

Thanks ladies I feel better now. I have read quite a few posts about people leaving earlier and people have been saying to me eeeeeeh you'll be going off soon won't you. It was making me wonder if I was going to be working too long but now I feel happy with my decision.

x

36 weeks for me, and i'll probably take 7-8 months off in total.

I skipped reading the 2nd page but I have a desk job and I pretty much plan to work until I go into labor. :haha: I get a max of 12 weeks maternity leave where I work so I want to spend as much of it as possible with baby.

hopefully 37 weeks... am a teaching assistant so the works not too strenuous however i am not planning on going back after so want to be paid for as long as possible...!

Ideally I would work until the end of my 35th week. So from 36 weeks until birth I would be off work for 12 weeks and during that time I would make my final choice on whether or not to return to work. At this point I am wanting to be a SAHM for at least the first year since I am breast feeding but we will see how finances play out! Also my 12 weeks is unpaid so it does not matter when I start my leave.

I only get 10 weeks in total so will be working right up until the last possible moment. Want to spend as much time as possible with LO. X

I was planning on leaving at 38 weeks but thinking of leaving earlier now!xx

I'm working until 36 weeks then have 3 weeks annual leave before starting 9 months maternity

Current plan is to work till 37 weeks. One weeks AL up my sleeve, then onto maternity. Hoping to take a year off after the birth - just need to double check the sums...

Im starting full leave at 38 weeks but the 3 weeks before im dropping down to 3 full days instead of 5 per week xx

Here in the US at my company we only get six weeks off (or eight if a C section). The first week is your own vacation time, then the next 5 weeks are only paid at 60%. We can then take unpaid leave for a couple months so long as the total time off is not more than 12 weeks. Given that, I plan on working until my water breaks!

Not decided yet, as far on as i can. With my dd i finished at 29 weeks because of being ill etc but this time i want to try and last till around 36 weeks.

Here in the US at my company we only get six weeks off (or eight if a C section). The first week is your own vacation time, then the next 5 weeks are only paid at 60%. We can then take unpaid leave for a couple months so long as the total time off is not more than 12 weeks. Given that, I plan on working until my water breaks!

At least your company is paying a little bit for maternity leave! :flower: If I didn't have so much paid time off saved up, all of my maternity leave would be unpaid. Stupid country. :nope:

I'll probably be sitting here at my desk working through my first few contractions. :haha:

think 1st may, im due july 17th, dont know what that makes me, but its 11 weeks before im due. after that in my job, dont know about others, but you need a fit to work note from your midwife. i have a very physical job on a ward and to be honest im struggling already! so god knows what i will be like later on, so im thinking of going as early as possible!!

36 weeks then taking a year off! Yippee! Roll on June.

For four years I've worked part time for the county and this is what I'm eligible for - six weeks UNPAID maternity leave which only begins once little Bubs is here. Craziness. Btw part time is not by choice since the county refuses to hire full time; instead, it's part time with 'extended hours' (up to 39) per diem in order to avoid offering benefits.

I have no idea what I'm going to do given the fact work will be a stressful eight-hour 'on-my-feet-all-day' type of shift. Unless I can make personal arrangements with the other girls in my department, there is no way I'll be able to keep up with the hectic hustle and bustle as my due date nears.

i worked til 38 weeks with Laila.. hadn't planned to stop but workplace flooded and it was deemed unsafe for me to be there.. woulda worked right up until she was born otherwise! (i was a housekeeper, so very physical job!)

I plan to continue working until I go into labor. :nope: Which sucks, but I want as much time as possible once LO is here. Plus I will only get a small % of my wages and after just buying a house, there is no way we can afford to lose income for very long. I really wish our country had a better system for maternity leave. :dohh:

Hello! This is my first post! Nice to meet you all. I'm working up to 36 weeks and taking at least 9 months off. Also by the time it gets to Thursday and Friday I'm just so tired that I have agreed with where I work that I can use my holiday up and go part time from the end of March. I cannot wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"