How many weeks might I be?

onedaybaby

Mum of 1 and TTC no2
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm what I think is 10 days late and today got 2 faint positives, 1 on IC and 1 on FRER.I last tested 7 days late and BFN. I think it's safe to say that I am pregnant but my husband is bringing me home 2 more FRER so for next 2 days we can check for line getting darker. This morning I never expected for a faint line to appear so was in shock, shaking and crying in disbelief.This is our first pregnancy on the 2nd cycle of trying.

My first day of last period was Nov 7th. Cycle 1 was 36 days and after pill I would expect to have around 35 cycles but all year its been all over the place since stopping bcp.

If I am 10 days late then I am 5 1/2 weeks but I could be as little as 3 1/2 weeks as on date AF due I had EWCM so we BDd, both times I thought I might have ov'd I never got positive on OPK so no idea when it was I ovulated.

In your opinion is it plausible to get to 5 1/2 weeks before getting BFP or any pregnancy symptoms? These last 2 days my boobs have felt really heavy and I've felt very nauseous at times this afternoon but less so now after a ginger biscuit.

Can anyone help me out?

You are approx. 6weeks 4 days based on your LMP!! EDD Aug. 14 2010!

EDD are based on 28 day cycles and mine are usually 35 days so to take account of this I thought I would be 5 weeks 4 days at the most.

My question is can I be this far along and only have just got a BFP? Is this unlikely meaning I am less than this and I ovulated later than expected making this a longer cycle?

That's the precise reason why I charted so I could know exactly when and how far along I was. The only way to know for sure now would be when they do your first scan. You can be that far and just got a bfp depending on your hcg lvls. Everyone and every pregnancy is different. And yes you could have ovulated later but without a chart there's no way to know for sure.

And don't worry if your lines don't get darker! Mine never did and I did 15 tests!!! X

Thanks for replies.
I was going to start charting next cycle when my period came but it never did! so for now I'll have to be content with knowing I'm either nearly 4 weeks or nearly 6 weeks and I'll have to wait til first scan to find out!
I really didn't think I would be pregnant. I was preparing myself in the back of my mind that I'd have a really long cycle and be going back to dr to check hormone levels again. I had scare this year of pcos but my ovaries are clear. I really can't believe it! 2 tests can't be wrong but I'm telling myself if theres a line tomorrow and it might be darker then I will believe I am pregnant.
We have close family coming up for xmas tomorrow and don't know if we will tell them or not.They know we were trying and DH is terrible at keeping secrets so it may will out itself!

Wishing you all a healthy pregnancy x

Aww, hope that dark line smacks you square in the face so there is no question!!:haha: I'm sure it will!! :hugs:

go to see your doc.... from u/s, you will know how far u are... when i got my 1st bfp, i though i was 5 weeks preg... but it turns out that i was only 4 weeks preg, by measurement of the baby sac... doc said coz of irregular period, i minght have ovulated late....

Hi all, I got a darker line today so definitely pregnant! I've never been pregnant before but I have a feeling that I feel more pregnant than just 3weeks 5 days as my usually big boobs are even more massive and heavy and my stomach is starting to harden.Maybe that's why I tested as couldn't suck my belly in. I would be very surprised if I wasn't nearly 6 weeks and maybe I just have a shy baby!
I'll go dr next week after xmas to get my antenatal stuff all set up and book appointments for scans, etc. They said they would want the nurse to confirm it with another test, is that normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->