how many weeks were you when...

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
how many weeks were you when you went for a tour of hospital?

i dont like hospitals and i think that if i can have a tour of hospital i may feel abit better but i dont want to go too early on in my pregnancy as i dont want to look stupid.
but i dont want to leave it too late either because if i dont like the look of having a hospital birth then ill have to concider some thing else.

thanks x x x

Hey, I'm doing a tour this weekend. I don't care that i don't have a bump yet or what other people think. I just want to see what its like encase i'm not happy and want to find somewhere else and like you i don't want to leave it to the last minute.
Don't worry what other people think, if you want to do a tour then go for it. xx

did your midwifes arrange your tours or did you, i still ent been on one.

thank you charlottecco2.
i think im going to call hospital to book a tour,
the hospital two different tours
1) an all day tour starts at 10.30 until 4.30 which they go through all the pain relief and that. (one saturday every month)
2) is just a tour of maturnity wards (which is every sunday)

i think im going to do the second one and if i like the look of it i may book for the all day one, but i dont fancy doing that yet as i dont like the thought of being in hospital all day.(i dont know what im gonna do when i have my baby)

thanks again. x x

My midwife hasn't mentioned anything about going to look at hospital, i got given the choice of which i wanted to go to, which i obviously choose the closest didn't really go on facilities as i dont know what they offer!

My sister told me however that if i go to antenatal classes when i think your in your 30+ weeks (correct me if i am wrong) they show you around then, like show you a labour room etc.

did your midwifes arrange your tours or did you, i still ent been on one.

when i went for my first midwife appointment she gave me the phone number of the delivery suite at the hospital and told me just to call and arange a day for the tour.

My midwife hasn't mentioned anything about going to look at hospital, i got given the choice of which i wanted to go to, which i obviously choose the closest didn't really go on facilities as i dont know what they offer!

My sister told me however that if i go to antenatal classes when i think your in your 30+ weeks (correct me if i am wrong) they show you around then, like show you a labour room etc.

yes im sure you do have a tour of the labour wards when you go to your antenatal classes but like you say at 30 weeks and as im not keen on hospitals i wanted to go for a tour before 30 weeks so that if i dont like it or feel comfy with it i will have time to change my mind.

I went at about 28 weeks, normally you ring the midwives who will book you onto a tour after 24 weeks

I did my first tour at approx 25 weeks, and I have another tour at 37 weeks.

I havent had one :sad2:

Good job I was admitted at 19 weeks and had to stay on labour ward for a few hours :rofl: otherwise I wouldnt know what it looks like!

xx

I've never had one either, this time round i know what to expect because DS was born at the same hospital, but before he was born i hadn't got a clue what it was like there!!

I'm not going to bother with a tour until probably around 35 weeks. I want it to be fresh in my mind when I go back for my c-section, and I don't see the point in going really early.

I wanted my DD to see it, so I booked a tour when she was coming to my prenatal appointment at 14 weeks.

I'd very much like to go again around week 35 with DH. The hospital/Birth Center we are using is remodeling/expanding and it should be done 6 weeks or so ahead of Miss Sharlotte's grand entrance. :happydance:

I'd like to go see it after the work is done, in case we get a room in that area, and I want DH to be familiar with the area too.

:crib:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->