How much and for how long?

P

petal040

I have the Gill Rapley book but have leant it to LO's childminder - and I don't know if the answer is in there or not - but I am wondering...

When I start properly weaning LO - how do I know how much food to give her?

I gave her a bit of red pepper and an asparagus to play with at dinner today. She ate the asparagus :blush: then spent the rest of the mealtime sucking the piece of pepper.

If I had given her more asparagus - how much would I give? Would I keep giving until she stopped eating or it ran out? Or should I limit it?

If I had given her peppers for lunch - when would lunchtime end? When she stopped playing with it? It could last a long time then... ?

The general idea is to keep giving LO food until they stop eating or just start playing with it. It does mean that mealtimes can take a long time - our dinner takes a good hour :wacko: It can be difficult to figure out if they're playing just to play or if they are actually eating but you get to know your LO in time. It's all a case of learning as you go!

alfie will nibble on a pepper for quite a while we put other foods on his plate and he goes back to it, just put a normal portion out and see how lo goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->